What the menopause REALLY does to your body and how to tell when it’s started…Today's installment

Posted , 9 users are following.

Both Anxiousface and Shaznay brought of this series being run this week on DM and I admit, the first installment annoyed me. Won't waste time going over that one again, but I did read today's installment and it seems to be worth having a look over. 

There are so many women, including myself that develop symptoms without realising that they may very well be a part of this "lovely" transistion time.

Have a look and see if it may not be a bit helpful for you or perhaps someone you know. 

I sure wish someone would have thought to write up something similar a few years ago, would likely have saved me a bit of unneccesary anxiety thinking I was for sure losing my mind. LOL! Even armed with this knowledge, there still are those fleeting moments I feel like I am losing it, but due to this site and you lovely ladies and articles such as today's installment are incredibly helpful.

Hoping you all having a lovely, sane day! biggrin

Annie xx

5 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yep, all knowledge is helpful.....people's  experiences priceless. !  HRT DID help me with my joint aches....had releif within 6 weeks and normality within 12... Truly.!! But we're not all the same. You may have to " kiss a few frogs" ie, try a few different combinations to get an HRT that suits YOU......we are all such individuals.

I became a little old lady overnite with the onset of full blown menopause...bypassed the peri stage altogether....so I guess I was so lucky...but with a full time O so demanding job...no time or inclination to faff about ... !!!

demanded my doctor do something ( joke) before I took drastic action....and wow ! It was like someone plugged me back in and I was normal.....or at least normal me !!!😄

good of luck hun and make someone listen to you. X

• Posted

Mel,

Glad you found something that worked for you. Hoping I will too. These past few months/almost year have been quite the challenge.sad

On top of feeling horrible-I worry about my performance at work, so there is little time to waste to find the right mix to get me back from my 100 yr old feeling body and mind.

I'm certain in the next few weeks I'll be able to tell whether I am on the right path. We are also trying to correct my hypothyroidism (new diagnosis which is pretty common during this time from what doctor told me) and that in itself may aid in me feeling less decrepit. One can hope!

Thank you Mel!

Annie xx

• Posted

Ohhhh Annie! I was dx-Ed w that in June and armour thyroid did wonders! Made me feel and look ten years younger! Started at 30 mgs (or "grains") and now 60. My thyroid is the only blood test that is still normal! Lol! If it wasn't for RA, I'm sure I would still be feeling very well on it! Xoxo Kim 
    • Posted

Ooo yes, sounds like they've hit the spot...hyperthyroidism uncorrected can make you feel like hell. No personal experience but have seen friends with this condition....

give yourself a little time to get Thyroxine (?) into your system and you may feel 100 per cent better.

heres hoping for you. 😄

• Posted

My sentiments exactly thort I was going looney an losing the plot.... But being here on this site it's been wonderful ladies have been tremendous helping each other out an telling us wat they are going through lot of support.... Hey I hope all goes well tc
    • Posted

Lorna-

I'm hoping for the best for all of us and I'm so thankful for this site. Truly, not a day goes by anymore where I don't worry this is going to be me, forever.....Dear Lord I couldn't bear the thought. Nor could anyone close to me, for certain.

Not sure how my mom's generation handled it, and it makes me sad for my her. She's gone now, but we (brothers included) were teenagers when she must have gone through it and while I wasn't aware of it, if I in anyway caused her any extra undue stress, I am so sorry for her........as I know that generation just didn't talk about it.

When I did think to ask her about it a few years back, dementia had set in already and she couldn't give me any real answers. Her sister, my aunt, told me she thought mom had issues, but didn't know for sure. And here's me.......lucky to have found this site and find comfort with all you wonderful ladies, as not too many of my friends here claim to have any struggles-and for that they are blessed. I consider this site to be my blessing. Take care Lorna.

Annie xx

• Posted

That is good to heat ..... I can relate to wat you are saying bout our parents RIP ...there were questions that needed to be answerd but my dads dementia set in as well so I will never know ...... But I'm glad this site has given us an insight to what  is out there like help its a blessing😇😇take care Annie an all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.