What time of day do you find better to take Citalopram?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone smile

I'm 8 days into taking 10mg for depressed mood and anxiety. I take mine in the evening and manage to get to sleep, but my sleep is broken and I always wake at around 4am every morning. I find my mood is better in the mornings, but I crash around the afternoon and have to try and lift my mood with positive thoughts. The anxiety comes back in the afternoon as well. I wondered if I switched to taking it in the morning, would it make my mood better during the day and help me sleep better? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You can do that or try splitting the dose. It has a half life of 35 hours you may just need time to adjust to it. 
  • Posted

I take mine in the mornings. I think if you take it at night you sleep through side effects but they will go eventually.
  • Posted

Hi Ollie,

I take mine in the morning, I found taking them at night actually disturbed my sleep more than helped me but I have a friend who says the opposite and prefers to take hers in the evening  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.