what time to take Cit?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey all,

I was wondering what time ppl took their cit? I started at 10am but wanted to take it a lot earlier as the worst of the side effects are gone around 5 hours after taking cit.

I was thinking of taking it at 4am maybe earlier,  does anyone else do this?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I take the pill in the morning, because it gives me insomnia.  Some others take it right before bed because it makes them sleepy.

How long have you been on Cit? What are your side effects? Most of my side effects (but for poor sleep) have gone away after two weeks.

• Posted

I started taking Cit on Monday, so 6 days ago. My side effects are nausea, incessant yawning all day, shaking, feeling high and detached, some anxiety when I go outside and feelig lethargic but only when I sit down, if I keep busy I just feel high and kinda detached but as soon as I sit down I don't want to move, and these side effects start to kick in around an hour or so after taking Cit get more full on and then start to calm down 4/5 hours later, and this is on 10mg can you imagine what I was like on 20mg lol.
  • Posted

Is it okay to just start takingbit 4 hours earlier? My doctor said "make sure u take it at the same time every day" 
    • Posted

Is 4am a natural time for you to be awake?  Your side effect will calm down, and your sleep is so important.  Would you consider taking them at night, before bed?

I've taken my pill within a 3 hour band.  I don't personally notice a difference if I take it on the earlier or later side, but everyone is different.  My side effects (like the sensation that my skin was burning) lasted all day.

• Posted

Hi Sarah, I am on 10mg of Citalopram, I used to take mine at night but i couldn't sleep my GP said the best time was in the morning. I take mine around 7am and find this is better for me. I sleep better now thou i still have the odd night of sleeplessness due to some anxiety. I started on the 20mg but found my anxiety increased and i would rather take as little meds as possible. This just takes the edge off and i can cope with that. Everybody is different so see what suits you. Hope this helps. 
    • Posted

Thanks thats helps, I took mine at 7am this morning and went back to sleep as its Sunday lol, woke up at 10:30am and I feel okay,  this yawning is ridiculous lol. But yes I I'm gonna stick to 7am. 

Noticed I sleep well on these, once I'm asleep I sleep through the night, I haven't slept through the night for years, I'm usually up and down all night.

Thanks to everyone for their stories and advice, it realy does help x

• Posted

Hi again, I did exactly the same today. Like i say i sleep better now apart form the odd night because of my anxiety. Carry on you should stay in a pattern now. Good luck. 
  • Posted

I usually try and take mine around 7 and find that its better for me, I'm currently not working at the moment so can sleep a little after taking it. I know usually doctors advise the morning as it can be hard to sleep after taking it at night. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.