What to do?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I haven't been on here in a while as I've been trying my hardest to get on with things and it was working with the occasional anxious thoughts slipping in and out, but today for some reason I'm feeling anxious again and not sure why... been feeling fine all day up untill about half an hour ago randomly just started thinking about how I used to think and it freaked me out, I'm so afraid of slipping back into my old habits of obsessing over anxiety all day every day... what do I do??

I've been sat in all day and woke up around 12 if this has any relation

All my exams are coming up now and I don't want to let myself slip??

3 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Stop it now......move away the couch....get a cuppa think a positive thought...you are lovely. ..can do this picture in your mind a most beautiful day....with you going to do really well in your exams....you can do this...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Having your exams coming up Tanya maybe the very reason for your present anxiety.

Try to relax a bit more, taking time out to do things that you really enjoy doing, for example seeing friends, listening to mustic, anything at all that takes your mind away from the stress created by your exams.

x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Archimedes has hit the nail squarely on the head. The fact that your exams are approaching is exactly why these feelings are resurfacing. Try to be kind to yourself. Make time every day for a long, hot bubble bath and reading a book or watching TV. Don't cram study the whole night. Your brain won't retain it and it will just make you panic more. Sit in a chair (making sure you're comfy) close your eyes and put your hands on your tummy with the tips of your index fingers touching each other. Take a long, deep breath in so that the tips of your fingers move apart, then let the breath go slowly, until the tips of your fingers are touching again. Repeat that 20 times and it will help you relax. Good luck with your exams.x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i hate the way people will just say "oh its just you growing up" or "how can you be stressed your only young" thats all BS anybody of any age can suffer from anxiety and your the prime example i am alot older than you but i am experinecing the exact same things. i think the only thing i can tell you is that as you get older you find ways to cope with it, or you master your "brave face" and just smile but its always still inside. i find that i normally feel like am slipping when am on my own like now whilst am typing i feel like something is dead wrong, but even in crowded places i can feel the same like where am i, who am i, i really do think of the most craziest things imaginable, like ill be sitting with my girlfriend and il just ask her "do you ever feel like your in a dream" and she will be like the f********k. i do tend to think alot about things most people wouldnt, but i cant stop it, as you have explained previously its not an act of attention seeking, i think its just you trying to understand whats going on and asking questions to find the answers, but nobody seems to have them right.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey hunnie take a deep breathe your going to be stressed with exams my little sister is now unfortunately but you managed to do well by coming off here ! make sure to do things you enjoy a lot even if you feel you can't fit them in or don't feel like doing them take your mind away from it all and even sit in a empty room for a little bit with music on shows you can do it 😊 xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up