What to get for a relaxing flight?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys

I have to take a long flight soon and i have anxiety but i also have anxiety about taking tablets etc. So i need reassurance and advice on what to take and how to go about it for a 6-8 hour flight

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey , everything will be okay . First just know that you'll be safe on that plane . Try to relax as much as possible . Maybe eat a little snacks too and watch a movie. But if you're starting to feel a bit anxious i think you should take your medication and if you feel like you're about to break into a panic attack . go to the bathroom on the plane and take as much time as you need to collect yourself ( deep breaths ) and just know everything will be okay

• Posted

Thank you for the kind words but im trying to find out what I should take to make it easier

• Posted

hi Jerome.....I hate to fly, am very afraid of it.

I take Xanax when I fly.

I know you said you don't like taking pills, but they're very small and easy to swallow. they're also Very effective for me, as well as millions of other folks.

good luck, and happy trip!

• Posted

hi! i just got home from vacation- flying gives me terrible anxiety but what helps is getting a great neck pillow and i stayed up really late then woke up extra early the day of my flight then took an all natural sleep pill called OLLY this pill is natural and really works the only side effect is sleepiness for me!! i also shared on one of my flights on the way in with the flight attendant that i was really anxious and she helped me when i was panicing by following me to my seat and telling me about all of the safety features of the plane and the thousands of successful flights she has been on also nobody has EVER died from a panic attack i often read understanding panic attacks by dr roger baker on a plane because it explains how panic attacks are actually safe and it really helps me good luck to you xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.