what works for your anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm suffering with post natal anxiety for the second time and its really bad I can't b left alone coz I panic and I can't sleep. Last time sertraline work this time it give me a burning anxiety on start up so got straight off. 20mg prozac worked well (15 weeks) then anxiety crept in a bit so doctor upped it to 40mg and since iv been a total loon with anxiety hell !!! Doctors took me straight back to 20mg. Feeling a bit lost now but I know anxiety is my issue not depression (at the moment)

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Join health anxiety page on fb the dp picture would be flower and it is very helpful
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Rachel, you probably need a course of benzodiazepines to help with the anxiety, alternatively Busparone which works well when combined with an anti depressant.

Your GP could then creep up the dose of Prozac by 10mg every couple of weeks combined with taking a anti anxiolitic when needed, or busparone.

There are many other AD's to try, I'm on Venlefaxine which is great for anxiety and depression. N

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I feel lost. He wouldn't give me the diazapram but the crisis team are writing to him. Not many gps know enough about mental illness (pnd) I can't be alone because I'm so scared which is hard on all my family and I don't understand how I'm been left like this with a 7 week baby and a 5&8 ur olds
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I think in need the 20mg to settle in again (been 2 days) let the extra from the 40 out. I felt loads better I'm not a manic wreck but I'm still on edge and very numb/flat with crying spells,maybe this is because I'm decreasing the dose? Also if anyone knows how long it will take till the extra MG's is out and I'm level with 20mg again.

Thank you

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up