What would I do without this Forum?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thanks to everyone who responds to the questions asked. I am 8 days PO from my PKR.

Trying to be patient with my recovery and not push too hard. I do notice improvements more and more each day.

The past two nights, have been horrible, with no sleep in sight. Knee aching even through the ice packs & meds.

I am going to try a hot shower right before I go down for the night.

Doctor changed my pain meds trying to find something that works for the pain.

Hopefully I can sleep tonight, and good luck to all of you.

I look forward to our chats back & forth.

BLESSINGS & Hugs

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sassy,  you are very early into the recovery. Hopefully your new pain meds will help you to sleep.  I think that is the hardest thing for all of us...lack of sleep.  Ask your doc or pharmacist about an over the counter sleep aid you can take with your current meds.  Melatonin is always an option.  I did the hot shower right before bed and it did help me.  Good luck.  Let's us know how your night goes.

pam

• Posted

Hi Sassy,

Wow, you still have a long way to go!  Stay positive, but as far as sleep, I wouldn't count on it alot for a while.  I found sleeping in a recliner the best way to get some sleep for the first several weeks.  Laying down flat was miserable for my knees and trying to turn on my side was impossible.  If you have a recliner, I would give it a try.

Good luck and hope you get some rest!

• Posted

Sassy

My name in Tania I am 14 weeks post op I had both knees d

• Posted

Sassy

Sorry got cut off mid reply as I was saying both knees done same time. I told my home health nurse I was not getting any sleep she looked on her computer said I could use an OTC sleep aid (no pain additives) and she told me to get a heating pad it so helps me to sleep good luck.

• Posted

Oh, such early days. This is the toughest time. Keep up the meds, icing, elevating and hydrating .

i slept with my leg up high on a few very big pillows. That seemed to help during the nite when all else failed. Hope u get the right meds. We r all different and our bodies respond differently to drugs. I for one, am very chemically sensitive , so couldn't take anything too strong. I did well with codein and Tylenol xtra strength every 8 hours. 4 hrs. For the codeine.

hope u get some relief soon😱😄

• Posted

I did not start to use heating pad till the swelling went down. Previous to that icing seemed to be best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.