What would you make of these results?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi people, can anyone shed any light on what I've been told? I have just had a phonecall back off my doctor's to say a blood test I had a fortnight ago for lots of things, highlighted an abnormality on the coeliac test. What do you make of that? Never ever seen before or spoken about. Problem is my freezer is full of food but not necessarily gluten free. Do I eat it? What else could this be?

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I've been today to the endoscopy department had a blood test done to see about coeliac disease he told me if anything shows I would need gastroscopy for biopsies. Also getting a ultra sound done check for gallstones. Diet sheets what foods to avoid etc.. prescribed me pro biotics. Wait until you get results I'd eliminate foods see if it makes a difference worth a try

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Carol, had an ultrasound scan about 4/6 weeks ago, showed nothing, no stones or anything serious, had lots of dietitian's appointment and being thrown out of service because they can't do anything else? I already eat probiotics and lots of vitamins and minerals, had punch biopsies years ago, 24 probes and camera up and down again nothing. Really confused know something is a miss but what I do I have no idea. As for diet I'm a strict vegetarian, with allergies so really am totally at a loss because I was told at Christmas that this was diverticulosis. I now get told to wait 2 weeks to see my doctor, do I ask to see someone else on Friday? Can they not just take my bowel out?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's a bit drastic getting bowel removed . Colostomy bag also possible remove your anus ... I'd think very long about this. They'll only do this in extreme cases . My diet sheet says do not eat vegetable soup also avoid certain vegetables. Any thing with seeds or nuts is a big no no ..

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I understand your point of view but I honestly have so much pain some days I could scream! In middle of flare up now. As for vegetables I'm stuck if I don't eat some being vegetarian! Just made prebookable appointment to see doctor today, sick of the sight of the place!😣😥😒

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I understand exactly how you feel the consultant gave me diet sheets and offered me to go to pain management clinic. Basically nothing they can do just learn to keep it under control. Give me a diet sheet . Like you I've got diverticula disease also bowel adhesions . At times it makes my life miserable. I eat a lot of rice / rice noodles it does help .

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi carol I thought it was me being daft but now I see it's the slapdash way to do things. I think £ being pulled out of these services has a big part to play. I don't want a sheet like you don't, we are not numbers like the DWP think, we are people and the system now stinks because there is more and more work heaped on dietitians and health professionals to show them up as sub-standard to make out they don't do enough! It makes me very cross.

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up