Whats a US Pelvis ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ,I am booked in for a US Pelvis tomorrow , to check a Polyp isnt growing.. says i need to drink 2 pints of water ..is it an external scan ? just wondering 

I had checks in November last year and they want to make sure its not grown.

I am 47 and gone through the menopause , i know young, i hope this is the final check....will let you know 

Thanks  

Rachel 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel

nothing to worry about   it is just an ultrasound of your pelvis.  I have had quite a few!  They may want to do a trans vaginal also which involves a probe inside your vagina but you don't have to have that one if you prefer not to!

Good luck x

• Posted

Thank you , it sounds like what I had done in November... thats put my mind at rest ..thanks for your reply 
  • Posted

Rachel, that would be an ultrasound of your pelvis, I would think external. They probably want your bladder to be full so they can get a better look.
    • Posted

thank You , from what you have said it seems like I may have had one before :-) 
  • Posted

Hi, yes that's external. I am having one tomorrow (on abdomen) too and dreading waiting with 2pints of water in my tummy . I tend to go to toilet a lot in these days. I don't know how I will cope with it. Good luck tomorrow

• Posted

Thank you , i can drink a lot of water ...hoping to keep it in :-) good luck to you too x take care, 
  • Posted

Hia, just an update, I was ok~I didnt have a Polyp , i had a probelm on my right ovary ..... Nurse said it looks ok , I have to wait now for the results, but she  was very positive and said it all looed ok x :-) 

I had an external and internal examination ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.