Whats happening to me?!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been suffering from anxiety for over a year now but it went away 2 months ago and came back about 2 weeks ago. Ughhh it's driving me nuts and I don't know what to do!! I was going to see a psychiatrist and they proscribed me all kinds of meds...like 5 different meds including anti depression meds also and none of them work. They all had me dizzy and weak...also my heart never stopped beating fast. When I say fast my heart beat was 180-190 BPM. I can't sleep at night and I don't know how to Change it. I've tried sleeping pills and they put me to sleep but on my way to sleep in having a panic attack that is really severe. I went to the hospital over 30 times in the last 6 year and they ran all kinds of testes on my EKG, stress test, ultra sound and so much more. The only issue was that my vitamin level was really low. 13. I stop going to see the psychologist after I stop taking the meds because I didn't want them putting me off n anything else. My symptoms are:

Racing heart up to 220

Dizziness

Chest pain

Head heavy

Stiff neck

Hard breath out of nose

Have to take deep breaths

Feel like something is in my throat

Feel like I'm dying every time

Feel like I can't breath at times

So much more and it's hard to explain.

My relationship is falling apart and my hubby don't understand what's going on with me even though he try. I have noone in my family that has been through this and I have noone to talk to about this.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It could be that you have Atrial Fibrillation with all the symptoms you listed.  Has the doctor ever suggested Warfarin (Coumadin).  It might put you back on track - blood tests are required to find the right dose.
  • Posted

Sounds horrible, but also sounds like typical anxiety. Racing heart chest pains choking it goes on and on. I would go back to the Dr and ask for help tell them how bad you feel and I would try therapy again. There is no denying it therapy can be really hard work but I think in the long run it can be beneficial. You are not alone please remember that, there are alot of us out there. It really is one foot in front of the other and be good to yourself, you are getting through every day and trying to get better. Stay strong.cheesygrin
  • Posted

You have a panic disorder. Very classic, unfortunately out of control and debilitating. So sorry. It really sucks. It does wax and wane over time. It is so classic though. Check your messages.
  • Posted

BASE ON YOUR SYMPTOMS,ITS ALL ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACKS..PLEASE TRY TO FIND OUT WHAT CAUSING YOUR ANXIETY AND PANIC ATTACKS..IN MY OPINION.YOU DEVELOP ACID REFLUX THAT CAUSES YOUR THROAT PROBLEM AND BREATHING..AND IF YOU READ ABOUT CERVICAL FACET DYSFUNCTION WITH CERVICOGENIC HEADACHES, YOU HAVE THE SYMPTOMS AS WELL...TRY TO GO TO A CHIROPRACTOR AND DISCUSS ABOUT CERVICOGENIC HEADACHES AND FACET DYSFUNCTION..IM NOT A DOCTOR ITS JUST AN OPINION BECAUSE WE GOT SAME SYMPTOMS AND I DID BEAT ALL MY SYMPTOMS WITH THE HELP OF MY CHIROPRACTOR..THIS MIGHT HELP GOODLUCK
    • Posted

please let me know..and please feel free to send me message in private..i might help you..
  • Posted

I thought my heart palpitations were bad, but they probably would be if it weren't for my clonazepam. My rates get up to 112 and I feel like my body is vibrating. When it's bad it goes on all day sometimes into the evening. Been like this since my Paxil quit
  • Posted

sounds like a normal panic attack.....i've had thousands just like that.

you need to go back on the meds or try new ones, unfortunately when it comes to anxiety/panic disorders it about finding the right meds for you not a one fits all situation.

search online for coping stratagies, hopefully you will find some that work but other than that its all it your hands i'm affraid.

nothing anyone can do appart from you.

try not to hyperventilate, this causes the dizziness, dying feelings, heavy head and chest pains.

you need to practice deep tummy breaths. helps supply your brain with enough oxygen to help you begin to calm down.

unfortunately panic attacks can last anywhere from a few minutes to an hour.

best thing you can do is find things you can do for yourself to help when you're having a panic attack and get your partner to read up on it with you too.

it will help him understand also.

there is a lot of information online and ways he can help you too,

best of luck

• Posted

They even have utube videos on explaining panic disorder and little scenarios when trying to relay the information to your family, spouse or friend.not that they will ever really understand it but at least accept it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.