whats wrong with me

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

I am a 32 year old anxiety suffer who has been prescribed 20mg of citalopram 3 weeks ago. My anxiety is at the same level but i have an extreme fear of being anywhere except my parents house. I am married and have a very supportive husband but for the last week i have been staying at my parents with the inability to go to my home. I love my husband very much so that isnt the problem, its just the fear of being away from my mum and the safeness of their house that terrifies me.

I feel extreme guilt for my husband for just leaving him, although he has been coming to see me and have his tea etc.... I just dont know how im going to be free from this. My gp has told me i have to get back to being at home.....but the thought cripples me. What the hell is wrong with me???

X

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi i went through the same thing i had to call my parents home from their holiday my anxiety was that bad i packed up and took my 2 toddlers there it was terrible. I ended up having to go on medication for my anxiety and stayed there for 2 more weeks while it started to work as it gets worse before it gets better. After it started working it made me want to be in my own home and not my parents x
    • Posted

Anxiety is horrible and even tho ur hubby is supprtive its like we r helpless when we were kids and want mum and dad
    • Posted

Yeah i do feel like a child....its terrible and although i know itll get better i just cant see the light at the end of the tunnel yet sad

Thanks for your reply. smile

How are you doing now?

• Posted

Im doing alot better im on week six.of lovan 20. Im not 100% yet but it does take time. I promise you won't feel this way forever. Od give your tablets 2 more weeks if there not making a difference see your dr to maybe try another. X

Stay stong and remember you can do it. If you at oeace at your parents stay there its only a few months out of your whole life. Give it time

• Posted

Thats good your doing better and getting on your road to recovery.

It just the feeling of guilt i have of leaving my husband alone thats bothering me.....poor guy sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.