When can I drive again?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I will be 6 weeks post vaginal hysterectomy and posterior repair tomorrow. Had two infections so set my healing inside back a bit, but wanted to know when I can start to drive again.thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Val they say about 6 to 8 weeks but just make sure can do a emergency stop. And you will no your self when you have a little go in the car. I started about 8 weeks xx
  • Posted

Hi Val.

I think that all this depends on YOU. I like sam was told NOT BEFORE 4 WEEKS before I could drive. I was also told to get someone to take me to a quite area and then do a emergency stop. If I could feel NO PAIN then short trips. The other advise I was given was have some sort of back support with you so that if you need it USE IT. I am now 5 week post op and find the if I do about a 15 mile round trip, my back lets me know that its not happy....

But good luck in your recovery. And remember that YESTERDAY could have been a BAD - BUT - Today was a GOOD DAY. And tomorrow - well tomorrow will take care of it's self xxx

• Posted

It's normally around 6 weeks but check with your insurance company as some want your doctor to give you the all clear before you do.. Mine said that as soon as doc says ok then that was fine and that I do not need to tell them but others are more strict, better safe than sorry as if you did have a bump and you were not insured... xx

• Posted

You need to check with your insurance company lovely just to be on the safe side xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.