When does exhaustion on Citalopram stop

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been on 20mg Citalopram for almost 2 weeks, and I'm honestly exhausted. Been on it before but don't remember ever feeling this way. Zero motivation, could honestly sleep all day and night. I have a baby to look after as well so need to be on the ball. Please help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison

Come off them there horrendous. I have never felt so bad in my life as I did the 16 days I took them.

Nothing should make you feel as bad as you do on them.

Hope you feel beter soon xx

• Posted

Unfortunately with ads you get warned that you feel worse before you feel better. That applies to all ads. It would be a shame to get to 2 weeks and give in I would try and hang out a bit longer.
  • Posted

Hey Alison

I've taken these twice - first time for 16 years and helped me recover from years of depression and anxiety, i then came off them for a year but restarted after a stressful bout of family illness.  Second time around on them took much longer and I had a different experience.  I was sooooo flat which lasted months - had no joy inside me at all - zilch.  It eventually lifted and I went on to recovering again.  I've just spent this last year withdrawing again and am just about done now.

Personally I'd keep on with them - if they worked before, then they'll work again.  I wouldn't hesitate to restart these meds if I ever to again.  They've been my saviour.

K x

• Posted

That was meant to say 'second time on them took longer to kick in' wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.