when everything is too much to cope with..I just want to leave

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am so depressed now that I just want to leave and not look back..I can't though as my family wouldn't cope for many reasons. .I have 2 older boys with asd, adhd and learning disabilities and a grown up girl withh a serious medical condition,  a strained marriage, grand children living at home,  bad debt problems. .I no longer want to receive post, telephone calls, and not necessarily because of debt but because I just can't deal with it. ..another appointment,  another form to fill in..infact I just want to hide away from the world and things are just crumbling all the time im like this,  I know this but I don't know what to do

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nina, it's p a pretty daft question but are you receiving any help from anyone? I know things can sometimes seem too much and it's really hard to get up and face another day! I think you should speak to your GP, not only for your depression but to if there is any help that can be offered to lessen the stress on you, take care and remember that you are important too xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Must say Rebecca's comment was what I was gonna say I've had depression for 20 years know how it is and feel for you but the only thing you can do is get medical help from gp if he's no good swap to another one that's what they are paid for to help you x 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I can relate to wanting to switch off from the world and don't have half the problems you have. It makes me feel so guilty. I don't need to work, no financial problems, a supportive husband who accepts that from time to time I do absolutely nothing. I get up at lunchtime, don't bother getting dressed, don't answer the phone or door and just watch tv 24/7. The rest of the time I'm 'normal' and quite happy with my life. Like the others have said, you need to talk to your GP and explain all your difficulties and problems. Medication maybe the answer to get you into a better frame of mind, so you can see about help with kids and time out for you. He may suggest counselling, although at the moment that would be an added worry for you and yet another appointment. Start with you're GP and hopefully with meds you may be in a better position to see who some of your worries could be helped. Good luck.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear Nina, I so feel for you.. please, please visit your GP for some help. You really desperately need some more or some long term emotional support.

We are kind of similar to you, we have three adult sons one 34 and twins

32. Also a daughter 29 ( happily expecting a baby boy )

Our three sons have had severe mental health problems for the last 16 y all three live at home and ALWAYS will... they are lovely lads but at times

The strain can be unimaginable, suicide watch... despair... anger... loss Of hope ect .... they can be heart breaking to think of... we take them everywhere with us all of the time... we are very lucky in that we have

Support from friends and family and a carers CARER if we need one

Please, you must talk to your GP and get as much help as you can.... .. YOU COUNT TOO. I really, really hope that things get a little better for

You.. you will be in my sincerest thoughts xx Deirdre

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear Nina, I so feel for you.. please, please visit your GP for some help. You really desperately need some more or some long term emotional support.

We are kind of similar to you, we have three adult sons one 34 and twins

32. Also a daughter 29 ( happily expecting a baby boy )

Our three sons have had severe mental health problems for the last 16 y all three live at home and ALWAYS will... they are lovely lads but at times

The strain can be unimaginable, suicide watch... despair... anger... loss Of hope ect .... they can be heart breaking to think of... we take them everywhere with us all of the time... we are very lucky in that we have

Support from friends and family and a carers CARER if we need one

Please, you must talk to your GP and get as much help as you can.... .. YOU COUNT TOO. I really, really hope that things get a little better for

You.. you will be in my sincerest thoughts xx Deirdre

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up