When people just don't get it...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a bit of irony in writing this post. I've had a big blip over the last few days because I found my boss was painting a rosy picture of work and it turns out that it has been a lot of hot air. I know we/I shouldn't take things personally but when you are feeling very fragile (as we are on these meds) and stress pops it's head up, every nerve feels exposed. My anxiety has been rife and hard to get under control merely because of the situation I had actually figured out myself through various flags going off and no one saying it to me which has turned out to be true.  I'm actually not too sad that when this project is finished that it may be a while before I get the call back but it has just unsettled my nerves no end and my perspective on everything is totally out of whack. I know you people can empathize with this.

I was speaking with my sister today who clearly doesn't understand ANYTHING about ad’s and all she could say is you need to be comfortable in your own skin and basically gave me the rundown of what I already know - go for a walk, eat well etc. But just doesn't understand a blip.

The irony of it all is that she herself has a lot of health anxiety, namely a cancer returning which I understand. She will be completely irrational for anything health related and that includes going to the dentist which is a claim that they are looking for cancer and is completely unfounded. How is it that one's own perspective can be lost at time but you can almost fluff off the fact that I feel this work situation is real to me and fills me with anxiety right or wrong. I know I can't change the outcome but we can have blips for relatively simple things that we don’t understand and are irrational.

Just wanted to share with people who can relate to it. I’m still struggling – going on 9 weeks of getting back on Cit. and we all know the rollercoaster ride.

Thanks for listening

Jo x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

When I am at my worst I believe I have every mental illness one could possibly have. The anxious feelings that we feel make us have irrational thoughts about ourselves and things going on around us. Once your anxious feelings and mine too get under control then then  the thoughts will go. Stick in with your meds if you feel it's getting too unbearable go back to your gp. That's my plan if I start feeling like I'm not getting better at the moment I am coping and hoping each day will get better, best of luck to you x 

• Posted

Great message and thanks for keeping us in the loop.  Sounds like a mare but also sounds like you are coping with it well. Unless you have been through this, you will not understand. I get bored of hearing, 'you just need more sleep, or Get out more'!

I do however understand that not everyone gets what we are going through, and I try to be gentle in my response to them.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.