When the best time to take these tablets

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm on 20mg citalopram but when I take it at 6am I am feeling very jittery till about 11am and having to go back to bed at about 9am for a another kip this is hard as I have kids to look after I didn't no if to maybe take them at night time I just get like a achey pain down my kneck and back? Suggestions please

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Why not take it in the evening. How about 6pm.Then 3 hours later wen u r ready for a nap go to bed. Just a suggestion..that is what I do...it works out great . good luck

• Posted

Agree with above - in some people it can have an alerting effect so they would prefer to take it in the morning. However it may be worth trying it in the evening instead.

Tarun (hospital pharmacist)

• Posted

Thank you for your comments and support such a good forum so glad I joined! X
  • Posted

Hi Faye

yes you should try in the evening, and if you can sleep after them then thats the time for you, we are all different and our bodies adjust to Cit at different paces and side effects, also join us on the forum Anyone NOT had any side effects on Citalopram? where you will see a lot of folk at different stages of taking Citalopram.

Take care

Anne

• Posted

Hi Faye

I also have to agree strongly with jeanne48621.

I too started taking cit early, but felt terrible for most of the morning and retiring to bed.

I changed to night time. Best for me is about 8pm. Apart from some horrible bowel movements I get negligible effects.

I am now 12 weeks on and I trust the worst is over, and my life is coming back to how it should be.

With little ones to look after the nighttime may be the best time??

Good luck👍

• Posted

Yes going to try it tonight going to take at 6pm once I have put my daughter to bed and see how I feel! Thank u for comments 👍 x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.