when to take citrolopram

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just a thought does anyone take citrolopram in the evening I just wondered if it would stop the horrible morning feelings. What do you think?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I always take mine in the evening and in the morning I would feel great. I guess all depends on the person. Try taking at a different time to see how you feel. X
  • Posted

Hi Ms Graham. How long have you been on citrlopram, have you always taken it in the evening. I am on day 11 and feel desperate today but had a good day yesterday is this normal. Have your mornings always been good I dread waking up.
  • Posted

i was told by my doctor to always take it in the evening so that's what i did

don't know if that's any help

• Posted

I've been on Cit for almost 5 weeks now and am just starting to feel the benefits. I had TERRIBLE side effects (nausea, shakes, increased anxiety, panic, loss of weigh, no appetite). I use to take mine at dinner time, but have moved it back to bed time. If you've not been on it long enough I think it's just the side effect. Once those are gone, it shouldn't really matter when you take it. But I have noticed that many people take it in the evening, so perhaps stick it out for a few more days if you can. I know it's so hard when you feel debilitated in the morning and you have the whole day ahead. It will get better smile

• Posted

Hi Lynnet,

What horrible feelings do you experience in the mornings? I feel the same way every morning (sadness, loneliness, anxiety) for the first three hours after I wake up. Once I'm out of the house, then I feel better.

DR

• Posted

Hi linnet, some may remember me from before xmas . I was presc. Cit from my dr after a chain of events set off my anxiety .i had only been off meds ( seroxat ) a few months , which may I add , I had been trying for a long time as they are one of the worst to get off. So I did nt want to get stuck on meds again . My anxiety comes and goes and after keep checking on the forum to people saying about all the side effects it put me off . Then I had a bad day and decided to start taking them . I only took the one ( at night) and I was awake all night ! My dr said I was suppose to take it am duuuuhhhh. Well I did nt take any more and I'm still in a quandary
  • Posted

Hello Lynnet

I was told by my doctor here in nz to take them at night . I take a 20mg about 7 .00 pm . What do you take in morning ? as they tend to make you sleepy. Took me about 12 weeks to come right , but gosh feel great now .all the tears,anxiety , dread, has gone. I can go shopping and meet people again instead of curling up in a

Sobbing mess.

I will work , believe me just give it time and good luck, everyone on this site has been there and we are all

Here for you

Wendy.

• Posted

Thank you Wendy it is so nice to hear a success story. I take 20mg in the morning. The mornings are my biggest problem, but I am definitely going to stick with them. I really need to get my life back to normal. My doctor didn't tell me about the horrible side effects so thought I was going mad until I found this forum. Take care Wendy and keep well.
  • Posted

I started off taking mine at night, but they don't make me drowsy, so I was really struggling to go to sleep, and I felt awful in the mornings (anxiety, nausea, dry retching).

The doctor wasn't helpful, so I asked my pharmacist. He said that it's better to take them in the mornings, as although they can make you drowsy a couple of hours after you've taken them, that wears off and they interfere with your sleep. I'm now taking them in the morning.

I've found that I actually now feel better in the mornings. For the last 3 days I've had no retching and very little anxiety, and in fact, I've felt much better overall for the last 5 days. (I'm on day 18 of 20mg).

I think it's down to whether they make you really drowsy or not. But mornings are working for me.

• Posted

Lynnet, I have been on them for 15 months and currently trying to get off them. The first 2-3 weeks were the worst, your body just needs to adjust. After a while it all gets better, you will see a positive change so try and get through it smile good luck!
  • Posted

I take them in the morning because when I first started taking them in the evening I couldn't get to sleep. I'm hoping that taking them as early as possible should mean the effects ware off by bedtime
  • Posted

Hi needs some advice been on citalopram for a week now take it at 6am but my first 3-4 hours ov the day I'm needing to go back to sleep and feeling very jittery would any1 advise me to take it at night and. See how I get on then?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.