When will I feel me again...

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had depression and anxiety for 6years, I'm 24 and the last 6months have been hell.

I guess I have has a busy year with getting married, honeymoon and a new job but that's all great things for me. I'm in a state of shock that I cannot cope anymore, last night I said to myself alone "I can't do this anymore" in someways it was a suicidal thought but my husband and family keep me strong.

I'm on citalopram 20mg a day, which isn't high and propanlol of 30mg, I also have lorazepam which helps with panic attacks. I think now my anxiety is going mad, I have no wish to do anything but be in bed.

I was doing so well on my honeymoon but coming to the end I was going back down hill. I honestly can't do this anymore I'm not a strong person to cope with this anymore..

I do everything at night to relax but that's when I'm my worst, I do lavender, candles, hot bath and rain noises! Doesn't seen to be helping to much. If anyone could help me or advise it would be very helpful.

Thank you

Jem 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi jem. How did your anxiety start? I am now in 60s and started with anxiety at 16, similar to you. I too got married etc but could not cope with life ingeneral for whatever reason. I always felt ill, dizzy etc Was put on Valium and anti depressants. Not much good. To cut a VERY long story short, I suffered into my 40s when a had a good pychologist who got to the root of my problem that was worrying me. I didnt even realise i was bothered about this(my mom - bit of tyrant who had negative effect on my life) Im not saying its your mom, but once you come to terms with the identified cause you may become stronger. I sufffered from agoraphobia too. I do hope this helps. Take care
    • Posted

Hi brummiebabe

It started with me at 16/17, so I started around the same age as you. 

I'm on the waiting list for councelling but no idea how long I will be waiting!

I would love to have someone who helped me just like you were helped.

Thank you for your reply.

Jemm

• Posted

Hi Jemm sounds like you have a lot of stress at the moment which could be making thinks worse, I am not doctor but maybe it is time for a medication change or up the does on medication. Do you see a family doctor or a physiatrist? The reason why I ask is because a Physiatrist really know how to twick medication to make them work. Also what brummiebabe is saying makes a lot of sense too I would try both.
    • Posted

Hi Ray06999

I went to my doctors this morning as I was on 20mg of citalopram now up to 40mg. I went in guns blazing and completely upset but they didn't help as normal. 

I shall try and see physiatrist also, I shall look into this!

Thank you for your comments, most helpful

Jemm 

• Posted

Hey Jemm good for you I really hope you really start seeing a difference in the next four weeks but if not ask to see a physiatrist I have one. Just for the record I did try citalopram work for me for a bit but after a while it kick out and had to go on paxil 40mg something to think about.
    • Posted

Okay- thank you so much. Great to have support. 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear your not feeling good. I know just how that is.  I think you need to see a psychatrist but you will have to be referred by your gp. I'm not on the same medication as you so I can't comment on that. But just to know people on here who are going through depression and anxiety helps. 
    • Posted

Thank you- my GP this morning has just up my doses and said I can have CBT but I'm on a waiting list for that- look at a fee months apparently, there really isn't a lot of help out there for people who suffer with this...

Thanks Kat50. Jemm 

• Posted

Jemm,  I would ask your gp to refer you. It can take a while. I went to see a private psychatrist first as the wait was too long to see one on the nhs. Eventually I got to see the nhs one and that's who I see now.  She put me on different meds and I'm praying that they will start working soon. 
    • Posted

That's really interested, I have a check up in 2weeks so I'm going to speak and ask then, I cried saying I want help but you just don't get anywhere. Thank you smile
    • Posted

I have had help and it's ongoing but I did have to wait. I think if you do see a psychatrist then it will definately help you. I know exactly how you feel. 
    • Posted

Hi jemm, how are you feeling?  How is your weekend going? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.