When will I feel normal?!?!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 48 and missed my last 2 periods. The last 3 months have felt like I'm losing the plot. Just don't feel like me. Crying, anxiety is dreadful, constant ringing in ears, lightheadedness all the time, acid reflux, mood swings, feeling really sad ....... Went to the docs and they put it down to anxiety. Can anxiety really cause the ringing in ears and lightheadedness. Bloods came back clear, had endoscopy for reflux which has found osophogitis and need another endoscopy in a month. My real concern is the ringing in ears and lightheadedness. Don't particularly want medication just want to know it's nothing serious.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Tina, I'm so sorry. All of this is absolutely draining, I know. I have heard of ringing in the ears as a symptom of peri though. I didn't know it was caused by anxiety. When you say your anxiety is bad, do you mean you are having panic attacks or just worrying all the time? I hope you get some relief.

• Posted

Sometimes as panic attacks but mostly constant worrying. I've always been an anxious person but all these symptoms are making me feel like I've something seriously wrong with me. Just feel like never leaving the house but I'm pushing myself to go to work, go out etc as don't want it to beat me

• Posted

Yep. You sound like me. Panic attacks I can usually control before they get too out of hand. I've always been a worrier too. But the constant worrying about dying! I'm right there with you. I feel like I could sit in front of the tv under a blanket all day everyday. But, thank goodness I can't bc I have a family to take care of. Mom's can't get sick, ya know. But just like tonight we were out to dinner and my 13 yo and my husband were talking non stop. I'm just sitting there nodding my head, forcing a smile, all while my legs are twitching. I just keep praying for peace. Taking it one day at a time. Hugs to you and I hope tomorrow is better

• Posted

Twitching can be a sign of magnusium deficiencies. It can be usual in peri and also most people. Try to up your magnusium in your diet. I'm still researching supplements so not sure about them

• Posted

Thank you Karen. I just started taking a mag supplement yesterday. I am easing into it. I took an Epsom salt bath yesterday and another one today. The twitching is still there, but it does seem to calm down after the bath ( i think). I started calcium as well and increased my D. So , we will see. All my blood levels were normal when I went to Doctor Friday.

I don't even want to sit down or do anything that relaxes my legs bc I know it will start back up.

• Posted

It might take time to work. I'm going to try the Epsom salts x

• Posted

I'm the same age as you and going through the very same thing! I've always had heath anxiety but it's in absolute overdrive! I've had a ton of issues with my left ear so I've read a lot about ears lately. Anxiety can definitely cause ear problems and dizziness too. My issue seems to be my TMJ acting up though as mine is only in one ear and it has pressure and sometimes burning too. Doc says its a TMJ flare from my jaw clenching. I've had TMJ issues for years too but they seem to be worse along with the peri too! It just seems never ending!

• Posted

Dear Tina

Although I didn't have ringing in the ears, my friend did have, I think it comes and goes with her. I sympathise with you with the oesophagitis, I had that few years ago but in peri had gastitis. If you are having ear problems then that would make you feel dizzy as your ears affect your balance x

• Posted

Hi Tina

I'm sorry your feeling this bad, I can totally understand how you feel, I feel like this at the moment . The aniexty is overwelming , I've missed a few periods and it make you feel like not your self. I think we can't under estimate how low hormones levels affect our bodies.

I get headaches and light headedness at the moment and its all hormome related , I also get severe anxiety .

Please try and keep positive and keep in touch.

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda, I'm going back to the docs today. The fuzziness and hissing in my ears is still constant and has been for the last couple of months. Hate going as I think they'll just think I'm being paranoid. They focused on my acid reflux before and never mentioned my hormones for my other issues. Still cant believe that my lightheadedness and ear problems are anxiety. Surely it would come and go rather than being a constant thing??

• Posted

Praying for a positive outcome at you doctors appointment today🙏

• Posted

Hi Tina

Good luck at the docs today, I hope you get some answers you want . I know its awful to feel so bad and are not being given an explanation for it. I know I've been down this road and its the hardest thing.

Take care 

Linda

• Posted

So went back to docs AGAIN as the hissing in my ears and fuzzy head/vision are still constant. More bloods done and MRI. MRI came back clear (thank goodness as I had myself dead and buried 🙄wink and bloods show very low iron. Put onto iron tabs 3 times a day for the next couple of months so we'll see if that helps. Everything crossed.

• Posted

Sorry Tina-it is so hard.  48 was a very rough year for me- I remember it well.  I'm four months from turning 51 and the first half of my 50th year was actually pretty good. Less symptoms.  But currently, I am experiencing horrible symptoms again-extreme debilitating fatigue, achy everywhere and a general sick feeling.  

I don't know when it ends- I really don't.  My mom said she thought it was after 55 that she started to feel better, but sometimes she is very foggy on remembering things.  It could be earlier?? Hoping...

I do know a colleague of mine has gone on hrt and she looks and feels terrific.  She said it was the only thing that helped her.  Unfortunately, I (and I'm sure some others) cannot go on that because of blood clots and breast cancer, which are both strong risk factors in my family history.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.