When will it end?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I have been feeling great for awhile now and yesterday it all came crashing down! The off balance feeling, burning, weak achy legs and arms, fogginess and just feeling blah. I think maybe the wonky head can be attributed to allergies as there is a lot of pollen where I am, but the arm and leg thing is definitely meno. I haven't had a period in 3 months so there's that. I absolutely hate feeling like my legs won't hold me up! I know several of you ladies had or are having the same issue and it really sucks! Bloodwork is normal as always but this is so frustrating. I am not on any kind of HRT and chose to go through this the natural way for personal reasons. I just needed to voice my frustration and I thank you all for understanding. I hope you all have a great and blessed day!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey susanne

Sorry you're having a bad day. I'm on hrt and the symptoms still come and go. I got advice from a meno nurse and she said it's normal to experience symptoms fluctuating unfortunately, but I know it knocks the wind out of your sails when they return. Do you do any exercise, walking, meditation etc? It can be helpful xx

• Posted

I work full time and my job requires a lot of walking. I also do a lot of yard work and I consider that exercise, lol

• Posted

I'm 50 and get regular periods. I also have good days where life is great and I can do anything!! But then I have not so great days where I don't get anything done.. It's very frustrating and I hope this all passes soon!

• Posted

As I've learned.. just because bloodwork is "Normal" doesn't mean anything.. Have your Vitamin D and B12 levels checked.. If they are on the low end of "normal".. it could still be much to low for YOU. Normal range for D is 30-100.. My OBGYN said that the "feel good" range is 70-100.. anything lower is really too low. As far as B12.. the range is somewhere in the 200's to 1400s.. again.. the high of normal is the feel good level.

My Vitamin D a few months ago was sitting at 16.. I'm now ALL THE WAY up to 32.. Been taking supplements and trying to get it up.. My vitamin B12 is in the low 300's.. and she wants it up.. so starting taking that supplement.. We shall see. Both of these vitamins being low can cause the dizziness.. I have recently started on BHRT also.. so I'm hoping between the combination.. I will start feeling at least a bit normal soon.

• Posted

I'm taking 50,000 units of vitamin D once a week and everything else is in normal range.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.