When will the morning anxiety go???

Posted , 7 users are following.

as soon as my husbands alarm goes off at 5:30am the anxiety kicks in . shaking , palpatations . sweatimg .

i do 3 mins of meditation in the morning and it sorta helps but when will citalopram help the morning anxiety disappear

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

it took mine around 5 -6 days to ease, then i had a different side effect, each time i had a side effect it would last this time and on to another for about 6-8 weeks but everone different to citalopram, i had all side effects even rare ones.

• Posted

i also experience the rare side effects that lasted many months.

• Posted

oh louis, the Tremors were horrific with me, dilated pupils, also a strange fizzing around my eyes, very strong fizzing, did you experience this too? so glad its behind me now, its been 1 year now brilliant days. how about you, how you feeling now?

• Posted

hi

It varies the first time around i was ok after 6 weeks this time around it took 10 weeks x I know it is awful and its difficult to cope with but it will get easier mine was nausea i had it really bad with sweating and the horrible feeling of dread x i constantly listened to an end anxiety app slept a lot and took beta blockers in the first few weeks ask your doc for something to help take the edge off

• Posted

I know the morning anxiety is always the last to go. I wome up at 5:30 too and it's so hard to get up. I lay in bed till 7 when my son has to get up. Hang in there.

• Posted

HI I am on 10mg , 2 weeks still have anxiety, I was wondering the same, wake up, get a cup of tea, take it back upstairs for a hour, internal treamberling, on and off like a buzzing feeling, it's the feeling alone and wondering if you are going to cope with the day, what mg are you on, and how long have you been on it, thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.