When will this end

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am in a deep depression at the moment. After stupidly taking an overdose of venlafaxine which i have been on for a good few years. my medication was then changed to mirtazapine 30mg then up to 45mg. Then olanzapine was added. I was still taking venlafaxine 37.5mg as well. After a while prozac was added as well by a psychatrist. Saw a different psychatrist and have been taken off prozac and the venlafaxine has been put up. I am hoping and praying that I will come out of this episode as its the worst I've ever felt. Any helpful messages would help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also I have no appetite at all and was told that mirtazapine was meant to give you an appetite!
  • Posted

hI Kat,

it sounds like your Dr had you on too many combinations of drugs which is not always useful for the patient.  I hope you feel better soon.

Richard

• Posted

Hi Richard, thanks for the reply. I've never been on a forum before so it's nice to get a reply. Hopefully something will start to work soon.

Regards

• Posted

I know it may not feel like it at the moment but you will feel better in time. From my own experience I know that changes are slow, but they do happen. Do you have a supportive friend who you can talk to about how you are feeling? When I was very low I felt that I couldn't impose myself on anyone, but good friends want to help. Hang on in there!
    • Posted

I've got out of depression before so I know I will eventually do it again but this episode does seem a lot worse. Don't know if the menopause has anything to do with it. I have very understanding family who I can talk to anytime. Thank you for taking time to reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.