Whenever I fall asleep I wake up and see things around me. What do I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For awhile now every time I fall asleep I am woken up about 20 minutes later scared and my heart racing. I usually hear something, feel something, or see something when I wake up and then it's gone. Like tonight I fell asleep for 20 minutes and I was woken up out of no where and saw smoke all around my room. I instantly jump up and my heart starts racing and I start sweating. I don't know what it is but I can't sleep unless someone is awake or I have my light on. What do I do?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vaeh, it sounds like you start a lucid dream and automatically wake with it still in your conciousness

making it feel real for an instant.

How long has this been going on for as you could do with speaking to your GP, it is an anxiety symptom, the good thing is it only happens for an instant as you say you wake up and then it's gone.

See what your GP says about it. Neil 

• Posted

Anxiety causes an Over anxious brain, so it's not completely settling down when you try to sleep.  Listen to meditations on you tube for anxiety or sleep. They totally calm down my mind and body. Use earbuds for the best effect. 

You can also listen to ocean, rain,, forest sounds, just about anything that you like!

Meditations are the only way I can fall asleep. If I happen to wake up in the middle of the night, I use the nature sounds. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.