Whenever i try to quit mirtazapine, terrible insomnia force me to get back on it?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all, I'm currently in the withdrawal stages with Mirtazapine and its just ridiculous. I can go to bed completely calm and not fall to sleep at all. I zone out a little but come round and look at the clock in half an hour. Its like i need that drug to fall asleep and if I don't have it, even if I'm perfectly calm and my thoughts aren't racing, i won't fall to sleep.

I come off mirtazapine because it wasn't helping my anxiety at all and it made me feel very tired, lacked concentration and i genuinely felt trapped in a cloud. I went down to 15mg for a week and then got put onto fluoxetine. The doctors thoughts were it would cut out the withdrawal symptoms by introducing the new drug. Honestly, i felt great when i first took it. My energy was high and i felt clear headed and focused. Also my anxiety was kept in check just after the first pill. Literally the only thing going wrong is the sleeping again (well lack of). I find it very hard to be positive when I'm mentally exhausted. Bags and watery eyed, my head feels like its being stepped on. It just doesn't feel like i can be productive in this state. I just don't want to cave in and go back on mirtazapine when i knew for a fact i was unhappy on that drug. So I'm not sure what to do, trust me, i have tried every sleep hygiene tip you could imagine. I think its deeper than that. I believe i NEED that drug to fall to sleep now seeing as i can be calm and still nothing happens. I meditate before bed and everything but it doesn't help. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Perhaps zopiclone...small,    

might help break the cycle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.