Where do i get the strength from?

Posted , 3 users are following.

How do i pretend everything is normal when i go to work on Tuesday, haven't worked in 7 years and worried i'll get it wrong, jn school with kids, have none and they will all be there. Can't quite put a brave face on it. Do have a counsellor though do i tell them about it?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sam

Take the day one step at a time, don't open up to them they will also have issues, so you don't need to tell them.

Enjoy yourself.

John

• Posted

Hi John, thanks for your comments, i will endure it never mind enjoy it!

• Posted

Good luck Sam! Someone has believed in you enough to give you this opportunity. Try not to put pressure on yourself but take it slowly & don't be afraid to ask for help if u need it. Let us know how u get on. You will be great! 😃

• Posted

Hi Digaby, the school was OK, people were kind but i still came home and cried. Every child in that school was someone else's. It was exceptionally tough, but i had to keep silent ss to why i didn't like the job. My heart wasn't in it. I have made my ibs flare dreadfully through all the stress. I will do it for the money but that is all.

• Posted

Sam

Have you thought about how the children felt when they met a new teacher the glow in them that some one was

interested in changing their lives.

Children look to a teacher as a parent until their picked up at the end of school, they send out unconditional love to that person and that feeling stays with them even when they go home.

When a child sees that it has found someone special who has a lot to give, the child talks about what it had learned and looks forward to going to school.

Some mothers may have a maximum of six children teachers can have a whole class room.

When i was in school i had an old lady teacher who never married or had children, but every child that she taught

she could remember their name, i met her years later and she could still remember me.

So you have something to give Sam keep going you will change as a person being with children, i believe in you.

John

• Posted

Hi john, just a quick update to say i am finding i can physically fo this job but emotionally it is heartbreaking, i don't have children and still can't see why not. I know something my ibs has gone mad since I started this job and switched my appetite off.

• Posted

Sam

Tell me about you job and what it entails without breaking confidentiality, talking telling what you are doing will encourage you express your feelings and slowly reduce negative feelings.

I look forward to hearing how you are helping the children.

John

• Posted

I work in a school with children at lunchtime just helping out as they're only 4, then with a child who has statemented hours because of the problems he has accessing the curriculum. I have no physical problems doing the job but have no children myself and feel an absolute failure and my family especially expect me just to swallow it. I hate it. I don't want to do this and no-one has tried to understand why. I cry before i go there every day. I just want my child and have done since aged 16, i'm 46 in May and things beyond my control have stopped this. I am alone in this with no-one to help or understand me. I give up without this i may ss well be dead, as that's what i feel inside. Now do YOU understand? What do the words being raped twice mean to YOU?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.