Where Do I Start?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, Really enjoy reading everyones experiences and advise is much better than drs at the mo! Due to start tabs in 2 weeks and have been to the nurse today before I start the tabs but I am rather disappointed with what I was given. Basically I was given a couple of NHS healthy eating guides and shown a diet plate! I have got to go back in 2 weeks following a diet plan (but was not given one) to see how much I have lost before I can take the tabs.

I was kinda expecting to be given a diet pack of some sort for taking the tabs but now not sure where to start.

Some of you have mentioned not taking more than 30g of fat a day, where did you get this info from?

I love bananas but didn't know I should only have no more that 3????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to drone on but I really want this to work and feel slightly confused of what I can have.

Any advise will be great!

Thx

Macha :?

X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

the criteria on the tablets is as follows:

no more than 30g's of FULL fat in any 24hrs.

no more than 15g's in anyone meal.

do not buy any food that has over 5g's of FULL fat per 100g's.

the rest you will pick up from other peoples experience - most of my information come from my practice nurse who is extremely helpful in all matters related to the use of orlistat.

Make sure you read the leaflet inside the tablet pack. Make sure you take in enough water a day.

be aware that you may get very bad wind and you may also get slightly constipated so have some senna cot on hand, I personally make sure I eat dried fruit, apricots/prunes during the day so do not get constipated very often.

If in doubt ask on here and someone will come along and answer it for you.

Remember these tablets are to enable you to make a diet change that you can carry on after you have finished with them.

• Posted

Hi Suza

Many thanks for the advice. Your practice nurse sounds great, it's a shame that mine is a bit clueless :shock: You kinda lose your faith with them a little bit when you find out more than they tell you.

Macha

:wink:

• Posted

must agree yes she has been very supportive and knows I post on here so she often asks what sort of questions people are asking most and tries to answer it. I only go once a month to her know but if you ever want to know anything and can't find it on here drop me a pm and I will ask her and hopefully she will have an answer for you.
  • Posted

Thanks ever so much, one thing for sure I will be on this forum everyday now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.