Where I'm at now.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi folks, haven't posted in a while. Thought I'd make an update post about where I'm at with my anxiety.

Since December, my anxiety levels have dropped tremendously. In December, I was having multiple daily panic attacks, wasn't able to walk around a shop without getting all hot and dizzy and feeling like I would pass out, I had that constant choking feeling and was panicking myself sick every morning.

What's stopped? The choking feeling has all but gone, it may make a reappearance every now and then when I am stressed, but that's a normal response.

I no longer get so dizzy when out that I feel like I'm gonna faint, for the most part I'm ok being out and about alone.

I still get anxious on the bus ride to work sometimes, but never let it mutate into a full blown panic attack. No more sickness in the morning and my digestive system is recovering well.

I've no actually taken any medication, the side effects of Sertaline were worse than the anxiety. All I did was mindful meditation, and pushed through it. The more I did things I was uncomfortable with, I think the more my brain was trained into realising they weren't a threat.

Because I have epilepsy, there is always going to be that niggling anxiety monster in the back of my mind with a plethora of "what ifs?" But at least that anxiety is justified because of an actual medical condition.

Just wanted to write this post to show people it can get better, I'm not magically cured by any means and my anxiety is still a daily part of my life, but it has reduced in severity a tonne.

I don't come in here so much anymore because I actually don't feel the need to. I was using this forum as a support network and to reassure myself, but I literally just thought today "wait, it's been weeks since I logged in" and that's an achievement in itself.

I hope you're all doing well smile

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

There are many techniques that can help with anxiety,

Now that you are calmer you really could try some deep breathing 3 in 2 pause and 3 out. 10 mins a day can help over time. If you ever get to a panic again. Mentally shout at yourekf the word STOP. Slows and halts thoughts so you can relax again.

Good luck with it all

• Posted

That's great to hear your doing good!! It's nice to know there's light at the end of the tunnel!! All the symptoms you described are what I get. It's more now I worry about having a panic attack as they are so frightening. I am also taking Setraline. Anyway, glad your doing well. Thanks for the update!! Take care xxx
  • Posted

Good to heat that you're doing.

could you share some of your stratagies? I'm looking for help

• Posted

Awesome news! Glad to hear you doing better.  I hope others will read this and find hope.  Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.