Which anti

Posted , 11 users are following.

HI would like to hear story's ,about antidepressants that have helped people go through the menopause and worked thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mrs Susan, I am 42 and I started going through peri at 36 years old. Unfortunately it made my anxieties and depression worse. I am currently on trazadone to manage my anxiety attacks and depression and it works for me. I advise you to go to a psychiatrist to get what will hopefully work for you. I'm praying that you feel better soon!

• Posted

I am also on Trazodone. It works for me. It's a SNRI. I tried SSRI's like Zoloft, Lexapro, and Prozac. I had horrible side effects and it's a well known fact that SSRI's male you feel worse before you feel better. But with that said, everyone is different. I hope you find the right one for you. ????🤗

• Posted

Good Morning Mrs. Susan,

I am currently on Prozac and it has been extremely helpful.  Going through Peri, my anxiety had become unmanageable.  For the first two years it was at a manageable level, then I started getting panic attacks on a daily basis.  They were so bad that I thought I was having heart attacks.  I went to the Urgent Care and Doctor three times in three weeks.  Over a couple of months I was missing quite a bit of work and getting to the point that I was afraid to leave my home.  I turned down many invitations and cancelled many plans, because I could not cope with going out in public, I honestly thought I was losing my mind.

I was really reluctant to start on an SSRI, I had tried two in the past and made it difficult to sleep and made me feel worse.  This anxiety with Peri was so significant that it was ruining my life though.  My GP started me on Prozac.  As Juanita said, I did feel worse before I felt better...probably for around a week.  I stuck with it and I am so glad I did!  I have my life back!  I drive myself to work now, go shopping with friends, and go to dinner and movies with my hubby.  These things may not seem like a big deal, but since all of this started in February, I did absolutely nothing that I was not required to do.  I am on my second month and I have not had a panic attack, since the first weeksmile

If your psychological symptoms are anywhere near as bad as mine, you have my sympathy.  It is horrible.  I hope my story helps you and that you get the help you need.

• Posted

Thank you it has helped, I am on escitalopram 5mg rotten enxiety on it week 5 coming on I am going to go down to 2.5mg tomorrow , as waking up in the night with rapid heart beats,
  • Posted

Hi Susan I have been on antidepressants for years and I do think they have help to soften the blow , I don't have anxiety attacks although I'm experiencing some paranoia at the moment but I have alot of family stress so that could be tipping the balance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.