Which hospital did you use for tkr

Posted , 12 users are following.

Did you have a good experience.

1 like, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

Good idea to start a new thread... Keeps things tidy!

SWLEOC (South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre)

Fantastic experience.  Very well cared for!  

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello again Bethy.

I went to the Treatment Centre at Lister Hospital in Stevenage,Herts.

The only fault was lack of staff, bug those working there were all lovely.

Marilyn

XX

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Barlborough Orthopaedic hospital - absoslutely first class!  Time in there was excellent and the recovery couldn't have been better too!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Bethy,

After reviewing NHS Choices compared my two local hospitals results for TKR and chose Bedford General Hospital good outcome results and infection rates for surgeon  I asked to be referred to.

3 day stay

Pre-op - fabulous apart from a few bits of info wrong such as starved from midnight when I went down last on an all day list. 

Inpatient Care-  Brilliant considering how busy they were

Consultant - Brilliant and mild mannered considering the brutality of their surgery. However cant believe he did it through minimially invasive 6 inch scar!! He is tidy!

Anaethetist- Super Brilliant put me at ease for having epidural. Took such care in supporting my RA neck during op and in pain managment. I want him for my 2nd knee??!!!

Physios - encouraging and helpful.

Jan

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I went to Northside Hospital Forsyth, Ga. USA.  Admitted 8am discharged the same day 4pm. started pt the next day and continued 3xwk 6wks total. so far so good 12wks out tkr. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Droitwich Spa Private Hospital,  Worcestershire. Consultant Mr Lehel Belint.

I was lucky enough to have my op on the NHS

Amazing caring staff in a 26 bedroom hospital. Amazing aftercare.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I reside in the United States so I chose the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Jacksonville, which serves the North East. I was please with the doctor that I chose, however, you could find a good surgeon in the State the you resides -- just do your research. Good luck. J21370
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I live in Scotland so had my bi-lateral TKR done in the New Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.  Surgeon excellent, anaesthetist put me at ease as I didn't want a spinal but glad I did and I could not fault the rest of the staff even although they were very busy nothing was too much bother.  Good Luck

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was in Pontefract Hospital West Yorkshire, i think the only thing i can say was Fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for them day or night , they dont get the recognition they deserve
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up