White irritated skin around vagina opening

Posted , 4 users are following.

ok so long story short: I had bv, got treated, DIDNT feel like I got treated, went a long time thinking I still had bv finally got checked last month after taking probiotics for a long time and living a healthy vagina life and she said I had a “happy healthy vagina, no bv, no yeast infection” She said the irritation and burning I experienced was external and prescribed me an anti fungal cream. 

I used it some but didn’t really think it was helping (and my symptoms had been mild) so I sort of stopped.

Now I just recently began examining my vagina in a mirror and WHAT. ON. EARTH.

My vagina looks normal, besides the very white area right around my vaginal opening. It looks very irritated, and there are also two flabs of skin on either side of the entrance. Like I can’t even see the entrance (tho my finger can go in pretty easily) because of this skin. I have rubbed my fingers against the whiteness to see if it is discharge but it stays on the skin. 

I have tried googling it but nothing like this seems to show up. I am a white 19 F if this means anything. Not sexually active (besides a little bit of finger action down there).

Could this whiteness be a reaction to using home remedies on my skin (ie tea tree oil, ACV, etc) Tea tree oil always provides me relief though. 

What should I do? Tonight I’m starting to apply coconut oil and tea tree oil diluted down there. 

Has anyone ever experienced it/ knows why it is white? If I was a guy and saw it I would not want to put my dick near it! 

Help me. I feel so self conscious / want relief so bad. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi harmony12519, 

You should get that seen by a doctor so they can diagnose it and treat it at its early stages. There's a few different things that could be, one of which seems to be pretty rampant now is Lichen Sclerosus. You can search the boards here and there's a LOT of different posts about this that you can read up on and get some ideas. I have the same problem, white areas down there but mine turned out to be cancer. I waited too long tho to get mine checked and now I'm at stage 4. This is why I strongly advise you to get this checked out early, because the earlier the better! Things are Much easier to treat in the early stages. I pray that what you have isn't either of these and something simple, but just in case for whatever it is, again the earlier the better for sure! Please do get that checked out and the sooner the better. 

<3 You'll be in my prayers <3 

Hi harmony12519, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.