White line still there..

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I posted about this not long ago bit still worried. I have a white line inside my cheek and went to see a surgeon for maybe a biopsy but he said it didnt look like anything bad but we would keep an eye on it and I have an appt to see him again next week.

The thing is that it is still there same as it was. I had been sucking my cheeks prior to finding this line and have stopped now but it hasn't gone at all.

The surgeon said that it seemed like a bite on the bottom of the line

So my question is has anyone else had a white mark from mouth trauma that lasted around 2 months ?

It doesn't feel as rough as it used to but the actual line is still there...

As the days are getting closer to going back to see the dr I am freaking out more.

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi,

sorry to hear your freaking out. i have white lines on both sides of my inner cheeks. i tend to chew the skin without even knowing it. I've had the lines for years. ive been to doctors regarding other issues and the doc has assured me its nothing at all. it could be from.anxiety. the mind plays a big role on the body. if something serious was wrong, you would have other symptoms. dont worry. if your still freaking out, post a photo and i tell you if its similar to mine.

in the meantime, you should survive : )

• Posted

Hi Leigh and thank you for your reply . The surgeon said he didn't think it was any thing bad but keep an eye on it and 2 Drs said it was worth investigating..so at it gets closer to seeing the surgeon again and it has not gotten any smaller or going I am freaking out. I read on Google that it's normal to have on both sides right across the cheek but mine is a smaller white line on one side and section.

I took a pic but it doesn't show it clearly. I will try upload it.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.