White, painful lump on roof of mouth

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All

I woke this morning and a small area of the roof of my mouth was painful to touch or swallow, otherwise I wouldn't know it was there. I had a look and noticed a small patch of the roof of my mouth was red and looked sore. There also seemed to be a small white spot centred in the middle of the red patch. As the day has gone on the pain has stayed the same, but the majority of the red patch now seems to have changed white. I've not been unwell, and no new symptoms to tell of, haven't had a cough or cold, temperature is fine. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and CFS, so always have a sense of feeling generally unwell, but I don't feel any different to any other day, just this painful, white lump that has developed.

Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be, or experienced this themselves, and is there anything I can do, or should do to treat it

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.