White patches on foreskin and blisters on glanns

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone know what this is? It started 3 or 4 month ago. I noticed that my foreskin has big white patches. Much worse than the pictures. It is itchy. After a couple of weeks, some blisters developed on the edge of the glans. I think it was where it touched the bad part of the foreskin, when it was worst.

I have treated with everything over the counter: hydrocortizone, miconazole, salicylic acid. I have wiped with apple vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Of prescription creams I have tried ketonazole and lotrisune. I have pretty much rotated between it all.

Only twice it have cleared up completely, except for the blisters on the glans. It came back again after a week though. I have spent a lot of time looking at penile decease images online, but haven't found anything looking like this. 

Any ideas what this is?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That looks like balanitis or maybe friction damage to me.  I wouldn't have tried hydrocortisone, salicylic acid, vinegar or alcohol, but I'd have expected the antifungals to help.

Have you actually seen a doctor, and if so, what did they say?

• Posted

Yes, my doctor put me on the lotrisune. I've only been on that in about 4 days, but so far no changes at all.

He didn't look at it though. Just prescribed the lotrisune based on my description.

• Posted

It's finally gone. Lotrisune took care of it, so I guess it was a stubborn yeast infection. I will keep treating it for another week or two to make sure it doesn't come back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.