White Spots on my Back

Posted , 1 user is following.

Greetings, I've been having a strange occurrence on my skin, most notably on my lower back and a bit below. I'd like any input on what this strange occurrence could be.

I'm not really sure when I first noticed this, but I spotted white spots on my back maybe about a year ago? I didn't really pay it no mind since there weren't any strange symptoms and when I went back to my hometown and was getting a massage, my mother noticed these white spots and became absolutely frantic. 

I was worried at first, but I recalled that I had noticed these for a while and paid no attention to them because they really didn't feel any different. Even now, they don't really even itch any more than anyone else would scratch their back when it's itchy. The only symptoms are the white spots themselves and perhaps some dryness of some kind? My mother took me to go see a skin doctor/beautician who gave a kinda unsure diagnosis, that it looked like old rashes that had gone white. Even when they got skin samples from the white spots, nothing turned up. Some background info, I don't usually go outside that much. My occupation requires me to stay inside in front of the computer for most of the time. I don't go to tanning booths or anything of the sort. I eat pretty normally, though I could make do with more fruits and vegetables. I'm allergic to dust and peanuts.

I really wasn't sure what to think of these white spots. They weren't bothering me nor were they going away with the coloring lotion. They're just spots of lighter skin tones speckled and splotched on my lower back that might be kinda dry. What could the cause of this be? My mother is worried that it's skin cancer, but I don't feel that's the case.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Freya

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.