White zit like bump in 9 yr old mouth....

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a picture to post to this thread .. my daughter came to me with a zit like bump on the inside on her mouth. It’s below her front bottom two teeth a couple days ago. This makes day 3!

I told her we’d need to see the dentist. She of course doesn’t want to go - now it’s gotten larger and it’s doubled in size - yet still smaller than 1/4 of a dime. (Actually now that it’s doubled in size it’s probably 1/4 of a dime.)

Her sister has recommended she pop it to allow abscess to leak out which will alliviate the pain.. possibly go away??  Approximately every 3-5 months she gets a white zit on her tongue that hurts and it will eventually dissolve on it’s on.. out of my 4 children she’s the only one whom gets these irritating and painful things!

What do I do? Yesterday I gave her Tylenol and today I just gave her Tylenol! I had her wash her mouth out with warm water and salt the last 2 days but today she doesn’t want to use salt water!!  

Nor does she wish to see a dr! Nor the urgent care!  I took a picture but it’s not allowing me to upload it.. darn it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Take her to the dentist... She is just a kid and you know what is best. I suggest you go see a professional. It could be allergies or infections. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.