Who am i kidding :-(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Excuse me if i sound like i am moaning for Britain, but thats the problem, just a bit of a moaner or something more, i dont know. Well, i think i do know, cant quite shake these nasty feelings i have, had it for months, but its nothing new as a few times in my life i have been on antidepression tabs.  I spoke with doc a month ago, she suggested tabs again, felt so ill the last time i was on them.  My moods are awful, also exhausted beyond words, very busy mum of many kids and busy wife too.  But whats really dragging me down in paranoia, i feel that folk are talking about me, even though they arent. Strange scenerios crop up in my head, horrible things , stupid things, and i worry soooooo much about them that i almost convince myself that its real.  Seem to be forever beating myself up.  As my title suggests, i smile and chat and tend to be a shoulder to cry on, i can be listening to someones tiny problem and at the same time be thinking 'if u knew what was in my mind, then u would be worried'.   I dont drink much or do drugs of any kind, live quite a sensible boring life.  My memory is horrendoues, have even broken down in tears on the phone when the bank asked me for my address and i couldnt remember, i had to hang up in shame.  As i said, its the paranoia thats really taking over. And if i get something stupid in my head like, oh the washing machine is on, and if i'm not at home, a sceneario of 'omg, what if it blows up' will start to pester me, to the point of having to return home.  Utterly fed up with my head working overtime, i cannot switch it off.  

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi tilly what tablets have the gp offered you! im on 50mg sertraline in the morning and 15mg mirtz at night they work together really well ..the mirtz takes the side effects of the sertraline away RESULT and mirtz gets me to sleep.. if we have a head ache we take something for it same with anxiety we need something..goodluck take the help

julie x

• Posted

thanks julie1111, yes sertraline, lost so much weight and played havoc with my toilet habits,!  What side effects did u have?  I didnt know there was a tablet available to take away those side effects.  Doc didnt say.  I really dont want this to worsen, plus now i have injured myself physically, i am on strong tabs for pain, which are leaving me incredibly dopey!  Thanks again.
    • Posted

side effects i got from sertraline was sweating and not wanting to eat! since starting on the 15mg mirtz sweating as stopped and i can now enjoy a balanced diet! i researched it and asked the gp and he agreed RESULT! ur welcome . half the time we know more than gps :-)
    • Posted

100% agree with you.  I will defo ask GP about this.  Bless u.
    • Posted

tell him u have researched it and have decided u want to try this mix be calm with the gp dont tell him/her to much! ur very welcome keep me informed
  • Posted

I think the best thing to realise is that what you are thinking are just thoughts.

Regardless of whether the washer is on or off, whather it could blow up or not. This is a thought that you can choose to pay attention to or not. 

By giving it your attention by worrying about it and going home you are creating a situation where thoughts become something scarier than just thoughts.

A way of testing this would be to not go home and check the washer. Stay wherever you are and 'test' this fear. Return home when you planned to and you will see that the washing machine has not blown up. This will teach you that thoughts are just thoughts and do not neccesarily show the true reality of a situation.

Hope this helps x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.