Who are we anyway!

Posted , 14 users are following.

Venting Only: I had a horrible out rage this morning due to circumstances and the STUPID HORMONES!  Why and whats the use, I thnk the change of lfe is just a preparation for the GRAVE! Meno causes aging, all the crazy disease of the mind and slowly destorys your life and takes away your purpose (whatever that is) Meno is like ALS it slowly stripes your whole life away and there you lay locked in your own hormone imbalanced brain and you watch EVERYTHING fall apart!  This effects our health, mind, body, relationships, family , friends and anything else that ever meant anything! I am so full of rage , anger and bitterness and even hate the fact that I am a WOMAN! Life what exactly is that , why we here, whats our purpose where we headed and since I blew everything when I die what do i get and deserve yup you got it HELL! I mean how in the world can a woman stay a saint????/??????????????????????????????????????????//?/????/ It's like there are TRAPS EVERYWHERE and they get us one way or the other!  I am sick of life and what it has to offer!  Now thats the way I feel SICKSICKSICKSICKSICK OF EVERYTHING! Yeah, it seems I have lost ALL HOPE!  We really are doomed sooner or later. Right now I am at my witts end and I hope someone out there that can reach God for me I need Him now. 

3 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Dear Crosado, I absolutely agree with all that you say. I could have written it. I feel OK today but very sh. ...ty yesterday. It really is a HARD JOURNEY! LOOK AFTER YOURSELF and be kind.( I am not sure god will help)
  • Posted

There is a lovely song about the 'Sally Army', it finishes with - 'Some years later, looking back, me, I believe I found the answer and I'd like to say, you need never be alone when God's a prayer away and He'll fill you with His sunshine if your life is cold and grey.'

You don't need me, or anyone else to reach God for you. He is there at your side and He never left you.

Jesus said 'Behold I make all things new,' and 'I have come that ye might have life and have it in abundance.'

Cling to the Rock girl, He won't let you down. Any time you need to vent, we are here for you. xx

• Posted

I feel the same way. This crap has ruined my life and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. Meds only do much. I don't care about anything right now. Just want to curl up somewhere and die

But I have to go back to work tomorrow and I have a 9 yr old to take care of. I don't think I can take much more of this.

• Posted

I understand Kathryn wasn't for my 12 year old autistic son and my specials needs daughter I would curl up with ya!

• Posted

I get you. I'm ony way home from a wedding... Crosado, it's the small things that count. Small child's laugh, a pretty leaf etc. I'll write more later. Hugs to you. Be calm.xxx

• Posted

I'm turning 75 in a few day, and life is good.  I had a tough menopause. Hormone roller coaster, so tired at work that I didn't have the energy to walk to the lunch room and visit with co-workers.  I'd eat at my desk and try to doze a bit.  Had anxiety much of the time, which got worse when I tried HRT for awhile.  Hot flashes were bad too. Felt shaky and weak,  couldn't sleep.  I also had teenagers at home, , and  was trying to help out my aging parents on weekends. I'd tell them I was more tired than they were.  My mom always said that after menopause, you become stronger.  You  feel freer to say what you think, because you don't care as much about what others think. You feel empowered

And I did.  As I got older, I surrounded myself with people who laugh and are fun.  The heck with the rest.  And no matter how I feel some days, I still try to get as much enjoyment out of each day as I can.  Sometimes just being with my kids and grandkids is wonderful, looking at a flower, or sitting outside with a friend,  talking with God, or enjoying our pets, are enough.  Marilyn posted something along this line too.   She's right.  I think you'll look back on this and feel stronger, and more free. That's what I hope for you.  Sending hugs.

Madge

• Posted

Thank you for the encouragement! I went to the ob yesterday and he recommended not taking hrt do you feel the same way? He told me to drink unsweetened soy milk. Which I'm going to try. It has been a rough year for me. I thought I was dying. I'm 47 and have missed a couple periods so my dr says I'm definitely in perimenopause I don't think it can get any worse. I had 46 of the 66 symptoms on this forum. I'm praying everyday it gets better. My husband and children are a great support. Once again thanks for the encouragement.

• Posted

Madge, thank you so much for sharing and encouragment! Thank you to everyone of you ladies! I got out of the house and went to the Lake! I still feel sadder than sad BUT I'm going to fight harder, my dad and brother  comitted sucide,  I was 6 years old when dad did  for a long time I could not undertsand "why" but now I can see that hey depression gets pretty deep and just maybe they  got so deep into depression that they just got to the point of no return :-(  I needed YOU ALL today and I'm glad you took time out for me today thanks! 

• Posted

I am 72 and facing a complete hysterectomy the end of October - trying to stay positive - was having hot flashes day and night - ate fruit and yogurt, oatmeal and a bit of egg and cheese, orange juice for breakfast today - then a tuna sandwich without the bread for lunch - it had some cucumber slices, tomatoe slices, a little Swiss cheese, never ate the bread - not one hot flash all day - had some fresh salmon and veggies for supper - so far no hot flashes - if this keeps up it means meat sends me into hot flashes - I try to think positive thoughts - surround myself with positive things and talk to the Lord - 
    • Posted

Watch the soy milk, it is not all it's cracked up to be. A lot of it is GM and contains endocrin disruptors - the LAST thing you want.

• Posted

What is GM? I wonder why he would tell me to add soy. What have you done to control your perimenopause? I don't want to do the hrt because I hear bad stuff about that as well.

• Posted

Good luck Marne, I am having a complete hysterectomy, on October 10th, as well, I stopped having flushes years ago went through menopause from 38' had hrt for about ten years come off them, had flushes for a few years, ups and downs, but I am ok, will be glad to have my op and then I can start healing instead of getting worse please say a pray for me xxx

• Posted

Soy contains what is called a phytoestrogen - a plant oestrogen. It is thought by some that they can help with the hormone imbalances of menopause. Red clover is another such plant.

I will try to explain endocrine disruptors - but I may get moderated!

• Posted

Glands and the hormones they produce are what is known as the Endocrine System. Our modern world is full of substances that can play havoc with that system. Things like plastics, cleaning products, perfumes, and even tap water!

Much of the world's soya is produced to be able to withstand herbicides. If I use the name you won't be able to read this. This substance is a known endocrine disruptor and has been found in many products treated by it - even in breast milk.eek

• Posted

i have trouble when I have anything with soy!  Can I ask you if you know if filtered tap water (using one of those filter jug things!) is useful against these substances
    • Posted

Please be careful with soy - after I had breast cancer my dr said no soy - my type of breast cancer was hormone related and soy causes your hormones to increase and therefore it would increase my chances of getting further breast cancer - I was not on any hrt meds so thus the soy restriction 
    • Posted

that's very interesting.  Makes me wonder why they recommend soy to us women going through this.  I have trouble with it, doesn't agree with me at all!

• Posted

Don't reckon much to jug filters. I tried one once and the water tasted worse than our tap water - which is pretty awful most days.

We have a cartridge filter added to the incoming mains and an extra tap on the kitchen sink. We are looking at getting something a little more sophisticated very soon.

Sometimes I wish I lived in Donegal. A number of friends there have access to spring water. Wow, it's really something else. Tastes and smells of NOTHING! Unlike ours which often smells like a swimming pool and is sometimes 'milky' with air bubbles - what's THAT about?!

• Posted

I did a lot of research a while back about estrogen mimickers. So I bought a water dispenser for my house, avoid as much bpa as possible, stainless steel water bottles, store food in glass containers, etc. and I do not touch receipts anymore (you will have to google that). I feel like my estrogen dominance has improved. I have no proof that any of these things have helped. I just know I am not having the high estrogen symptoms anymore 😊

• Posted

I will have to ask my ob Dr why he told me to try soy milk. I was a little unclear about it.
    • Posted

I done a lot of stuff myself, like watching ingredients in cosmetics, keeping plastic bottles etc to a minimum and avoiding soy in everything. Plus eating organic as much as possible.  Our symptoms these days seem to be off the scale as compared to past generations (although it was not talked about, that's another story), we shouldn't be suffering from oestrogen dominance.

• Posted

You are SO right there! Our modern environment is full of xenoestrogens, hardly suprising there are more oestrogen based cancers and gender 'confusion' in children. We are all under attack from the environment we created.

What a depressing thought to go to bed on....rolleyes How about this one - 'In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, have overcome the world'. Yes that'll do it.cheesygrin Night Night all, God bless.

• Posted

I try to be careful about the water I drink - I usually buy bottled water - make sure the ph is about 8 or more 
    • Posted

Ah yes... I forgot about the organic food. I do that too. And there is a website and an app I use that helps me determine which products have dangerous chemicals...like soap, cosmetics, cleaning agents, etc. I have slowly converted our home/lifestyle as much as possible.
    • Posted

hi,.  could you send the name of that app?  thnks so much
    • Posted

yes I buy bottled water too.  We take much more care of ourselves once we reach this stage, shame that we didn't do it years ago!

• Posted

yep,  I have thought many times about young people too!  Makes me wonder also why young teens are so down in themselves during what should be the happiest time of their lives!
    • Posted

Look at it from their perspective -You are told God doesn't exist, there is no afterlife, no right and wrong. If you are lucky enough to get a good education you start your working life deep in debt and you can't afford to get on the property ladder. You have to move back in with your parents and watch them struggle as their hard-earned pension buys less and less each day. Sheesh, it's a wonder ANY of them stay sane.

As I once told the atheist husband of a friend of mine 'if I'm wrong I am happy and content in my delusion. If you are wrong - boy are you in the sxxt!' I don't normally talk like that but he had it comingwink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.