Who Cares

Posted , 6 users are following.

Life is a blessing? No! Life is a horrible nightmare, a struggle everyday! Speaking of nightmares...some would think that sleep is a distraction/a way of forgetting? An escape? But what if you tried so hard every night to sleep and if you were successful your dreams were horrible? Maybe even more so than reality? If I tried to explain them to a “normal” person they’d probably think I’m mad! Honestly? If I were to say it out loud I’d think I’m mad too! Why is explaining, trying to make/help people understand only make me seem more unstable/crazy? 

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

You're not crazy, right now my heart is going 300 beats a second and I'm literally shaking in fear because I have to go to work in 15 minutes. Medication doesn't help unless it makes me completely dead inside and I know what you mean, I avoid sleep now because of the nightmares, I get about an hour or 2 every night.  The helpful thing I can say if its considered helpful is that you're not crazy, or alone. I know what you're feeling, i literally typed in google "depression is killing me" and got here. I'm going to work now, where i get told what a useless nothing I am at least once every 20 minutes and I can barely breathe from the panic attacks, but if you'd like to talk later, even to compare war stories, I'll check back. Maybe even fill in the rest of my profile thing. 

• Posted

Hi Dondon I too have nasty dreams regularly.  I know it's a side effect of the sertraline but they are awful and they really shake me up.  I try to ignore them and carry on as normal.

Maybe you are trying too hard to sleep as well?  If I can't sleep I get up and put the telly on or read a book etc.  Then when I feel tired I return to bed.  This can be difficult if you are working but I don't think you are?  x

• Posted

My dreams/nightmares aren’t a side effect of my meds I’ve had them since forever! I Remember all

Of them but If I were to tell people they would think il

Crazy! Some will sound ridiculous to others but affect me a lot! There’s something about dreams that mean more/ affect more to the person. To tell a story could sound horrible but to live it/dream it is so much worse yet if you even tried to explain it you’d be labelled crazy! People do not realise how real/how bad/ how much some dreams can affect people 

• Posted

Bad dreams are bad dreams regardless of the cause of them.  This doesn't lessen the effect after all.  I have been having them on sertraline for around 7 years now.  I used to have some before as well.

Dreams no matter how bad are just that - dreams.  They shouldn't be allowed to take over your life or assume such importance in your life.  I have too much to do to dwell on my nightmares too much. 

Also I think counselling could help you a lot if you would let it!  Sometimes you are your own worst enemy!  x

• Posted

The nightmares may be due to anxiety and stress. It sounds like you need to see a dr. For meds. And maybe a therapist to talk to who understands you. We do not judge here . We only try to help and guide. We have all been through it. Please seek medical help . They will know exactly what to do to help you sleep and feel better. If the people that you talk to don’t listen or blow you off, don’t talk to them about it. Only talk to the experienced and professionals. You can always come back here to vent and say what you need to say to help you . This is your safe place.
  • Posted

Everyone knows always people watching taking notes trying to unwind intrude thoughts for their own Benefit I’m not prepared to be scrutinised by people that have no undery
    • Posted

Do you mean the drs are always taking notes? If so, they need to do that they can look back and see what exactly is going on. They see many patients, so they need to take notes. It sometimes does feel intruding, but that is how they find out the information and answers they need to treat you. Nightmares are very scared. They can make you not want to sleep. But if you could talk through them to a professional this could help you. The professionals would not think that you are crazy and they would not judge you. They would help you to see why this is happening to you.
  • Posted

Hey, in my dreams everything is perfect. I'm not alone, I have friends, money and everything and everyone i've lost is happy and perfect.  Then i force myself awake and realise its all a lie, and i'm torn back into reality, completely alone and facing a living hell daily. In essence my life is the nightmare and I'm scared to sleep because its too good, I wake up screaming and crying to get back into the dream, away from this "reality" i find myself in. Trust me nothing you could say would make me think you're crazy, nothing I haven't done myself. I'm not a doctor.  I'm not scrutinising you in the least, i simply stumbled onto your post, the internet is a big place.  I think what I'm trying to say is You are not crazy.  The fact you can still tell crazy from sane makes you sane. I will agree, when the panic attacks kick in and the pain is at its worst it feels like madness.  Its just your brain sparking in the wrong way, sending signals ass backwards and we decipher the signals in a primitive fight or flight reaction.  Side note?  The more meds you use to sleep the more hardcore your dreams are since you don't dream on meds. Just something to think about. I'm going to climb back into my hole of apathy now. g'night.

• Posted

I’m sorry I can’t reply to eachcomment separately not much gets into my head anymore and what does Is hard to disect/understand. Seems all the know and hear are my thoughts to end the thoughts probably makes no sense doesn’t much to me either but what matters does 
  • Posted

I’m sorry for this Post x
  • Posted

Been drinking abs but drunk now is easier.  Now   
  • Posted

Sorry i was AWOL for so long, I never check my emails since I usually don't get any.This seems like a very difficult way to try and have a conversation. Let me know how you're doing though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.