Who needs a laugh??

Posted , 12 users are following.

Afternoon everyone.

As we all know, we experience many strange things as we go through our knee journeys, and whenever we ask "is this normal?" there is usually a resounding chorus of "Yes!!"

However, I think I may be experiencing something unique to me...

I keep a little notebook, and note down activities undertaken through the day, pain levels and medication taken and at what time.

Now I've never been a particularly good sleeper, and often talked in my sleep. I'm in a separate room to Hubbs while I'm getting over this surgery, so not sure if I'm still doing it. What I DO do, however, is sleep-write! Some recent gems include "3am, plenty of leaves, cucumber etc", "Too close for converse", and "Underbelly I will do"!!! I have no memory of writing any of this!!!

So come on everyone, any more sleep-writers out there??

1 like, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Cant be the meds.....must be the booze

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It sounds like my attempts at texting when I was under the influence of Tramadol!  I just couldn't get my eyes to work together to focus properly on the keys or the screen.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

love it, I think you are definitely one of a kind, lol. Maybe if you get enough sleep writing gems you can publish and make a fortune.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

No I have never done that one , but thankyou so much for giving me a laugh, I have to ask do these sentences mean anything to you ?! they certainly  give some interesting mental pictures ! thanks for sharing !!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Nope, nothing at all! I suppose I've been much more conscious of my nutrition since the op, which may kind of explain the leaves and cucumber, but as for the rest of it? No idea lol!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

ha ha id say your on your own there  your either not taking enough meds or you have had too much either way you are definatly a wee bit crazy  blame it on the surgery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think you are an original!  But didn't Shelley  (or was it Byron . .. ) supposedly write one of his famous odes while asleep . . or under the influence of opium???
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hiya Terri

whatever you are on then can you send me some, other than that maybe subconsciously you are thinking of different things and then when you are half asleep writing them down as not to forget, 

you know how to cheer up your fellow members, take care Gill x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You are definitely unique never heard that one before lol x
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up