Why am I different?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today, I was having a fine day, when I started to notice some anxiety creep in. I tried to ignore it, but it started to build. Then, my eyes got a bit wonky. Next, my palms began to sweat. Soon, I felt warm in my chest, back, and upper arms. Suddenly, I felt faint. My heart was beating fast and pounding. My legs became heavy. Am I passing out? Having a heart attack? I began to panic, but was in a situation where I couldn't flee. It subsided in about 10 minutes, but I am still reeling with aftereffects. Was it a hot flash? I feel like I am losing my mind. I was getting better and felt good for a few months. Now, I feel like I am headed down the roller coaster. I am so tired of being anxious and scared. I just want to cry. Why do all the other middle-aged women around me seem fine?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear what u r going thru. atleast its good that u r able to recognize ur symptom and know that it will subside in 10 mins. this is helpful info for many first timers who face such anxiety signs during peri. thats y i love this board n appreciate it so much. thanks to all who posts their journey here.

• Posted

I type calmer than I am. Ha! I didn't know it was a hot flash and thought I was fainting or having a heart attack. I am so scared!

• Posted

i have had anxiety all day today have no idea why all i wanted to do all day is cry but i didnt and kow my whole bidy hurts i feel like im dying and all i can think is will i feel this way tomorrow is that wierd? My period is coming soon im assuming its my hormones but dont undestand why it bothers me sometimes and not other times! I feel like im on the same roller coaster as you and my stomach hurts no appetite either so much fun! Its all the hormones they do what they want! I never had pms before so this is not my usual and im 49 and def perimenopausal!!!

• Posted

The anxiety is so difficult to manage. This constant on the edge nervous awful feeling...I hate it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.