Why am I like this . ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Some of may know I posted here a couple of times in the past. Finally after three years of trying to get help for severe depression I have given a date for an assessment at a local well being clinic in three weeks time. Not ashamed to admit I was crying my eye's out whilst taking to them over the phone.

Now all I can think about is phoning them back and cancelling it as I feel it's going to be a waste of their time and someone more deserving should have the opportunity and I not worth it as nothing is going to change. . . Why am I constantly like this. . I know I need help but don't want accept it

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Stick with it. You might be surprised at how it turns out. I never had an assessment so I can't tell you what it involves. You have already taken the first step. See it through.
  • Posted

Hi Jason, go to the assessment, you have nothing to lose by it and maybe so much to gain.  You have every right to go and deserve the help as much as any other person, for you are worthy, and don't let your illness tell you otherwise.  I wish you well and really hope they can help you. xx
  • Posted

Hi Jason, you need to go to the assessment, not excuses, you need to think of it as this is your path to well being.  If anyone deserves it, then it's you, don't sell yourself short, you are worth it...try and not think about the appointment until closer to the time...good luck...
  • Posted

Many thanks for all the kind words of encouragement everyone. Haven't cancelled will take it day by day and see how it goes.

• Posted

Jason, how many times have I heard the expression " NOTHING WILL EVER CHANGE" Can I ask why not? If you do not give things a chance then nothing will change. The number 48 bus will always be 15 minutes late and there will alway's be big over weight people. I appologize to anyone reading this post if they are on the larger side of life. So am I, my BMI is off the scale. Jason my friend "There is always an alternative" Being in such a negatie frame of mind is correctable with some small changes to the way you process information. I am with all the other posters/ members of the forum. YOU STICK WITH IT LIKE GLUE Next time you post you have to tell us that at last I have seen the light and want to feel happy again with a little help of course. Best regards Peter.
    • Posted

Hi Peter and thanks for the encouragement. I guess for me with all the negativity I have had over the last three years (even the doctors told me I had depression then didn't want to do anything to help) it has become easier to think that maybe I wasn't wrong in thinking that I was worthless. 

The people on this forum with what they have written on mine and other people's questions have given me more help and support than my GP. 

I haven't cancelled my appointment, going to take it day by day and see how it goes

• Posted

Hi Jason.

Please don't cancel. It has taken you so long to get this help - stay with it and see it through.

You ARE worth it, and you are just as deserving as anyone else.

Keep talking to us, and when the appointment comes round, be sure to pop in here and let us know how it all went. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.