Why am I such a failure?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm a failure, and feels I'm pushing people away, how can you start liking yourself?

3 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi there what makes you feel you are such a failure ? youre really needing to look at all the postives about you and try to dwell less on the negatives ! have you been to your doctor about this as you may have the early signs of anxiety or depression ! start to like yourself first and take care let me know.how you get on please i like to see how people progess rather than one post then you dont here from them again ! david
    • Posted

I'm on antidepressants, and see a councillor today, my second visit, I'm so nervous about today.  I have problems with positive thoughts, there is always a but after a positive. (When there is a positive) I don't like myself, .all I care about are others, because I'm not worth the time, as I mess up, and I'm selfish. 
    • Posted

glad to see your already seeing a councillor as long as your honest with.them they can do wonders to help you ! regarding positive thoughts im the same i always think the.worst.then when it turns out ok i always wonder why i worried.in the first.place vicius cycle ! i think those around you are grateful for the care you show them but might be disappointed that you are neglecting your self they might.even be a good source of help and understanding ! good luck at the councillor today take care david !
  • Posted

Hey....pls don't say that about yourself.....I said I care about others....so they appriaciate your Effort for helping them.....in every bad there is good at the same time in every good there is sometimes bad.....I said that because sometimes when we think about something good u plan to do....and then some bad thoughts come and ruin it....try your best to not let that happen....let the good thoughts over take the bad ones........your are stronger than you think....
    • Posted

Strength does not only mean carrying things which way a ton....strength as in the heart....you might not realise it.....but what u said about caring about others shows that u have a good heart
    • Posted

Don let failure stop u....if it's pushes u down....use it as a reason to get back up.....nothing can steal your happiness and gifts which are in you.....always remember that it's God's gift to you and no one or anything has the right to take that away
  • Posted

Hi, why do you think you are a failure?  What's happened to make you feel this way? All of us go through periods of self doubt at sometime in our lives - even the rich and famous. You need to look at all the good things you have done in your life and offset them against the self-doubt you are feeling.  You can pull yourself out of this but you may need a little help.  Talk to your doctor, it maybe he will think you need a mild anti-depressant to get you through this and there is no shame in that. Millions of people take them. Make that appointment now.
    • Posted

I'm on antidepressants already, just finished my second session with the councillor. I'm the top dosage already. Got the doctors next week.
    • Posted

hi there hope all went well with your counciller today ! How long have you been on anti depressants ? also which one are you on ! i wish you well bud !
    • Posted

The meeting went ok, I've got 4 more but she did say that it doesn't have to stop there, I got a lot of hard work to do, I said about calling in sick, as work is an issue to, telling my Mum and dad that I feel sick, as they don't know what I feeling, as it would upset them, mum blaming herself, which is not here fault, it's stupid MSA fault, it's a horrible disease, Im On citalopram, 40mg. Still have quite a few down days, just need more good. I can be good and one word or little worry, puts in straight back down with a bang. It's horrible, but most on her already know, just how hard just getting through the day is.
  • Posted

First of all I think you should change your name-it is very discouraging & negative & not helpful in your situation. How about something with survival in the name? You are not a failure-a failure is only someone's opinion,it is NOT a fact,its an idea. You are a man,thats a fact. When u r depressed,your thinking is not how it should be. Just because u believe something,does not make it so. This is "stinking thinking".

If u have 2 arms & 2 legs, food in your belly, a roof over your head & any money in the bank, then you are better off than the majority of mankind. Celebrate the things you have.Concentrate on what is,rather than what is not. Sit down & write the good things about yourself in a list & u will find that u do have some good points after all. Change that name for a start-that is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Try something like-Icansurvivethis & find something that u have a passion for,art,a hobby,a sport,etc & that u can revive-something u used to enjoy,that made u feel alive. Or find a new hobby & get involved in it- do not isolate yourself,which is the worst thing u can do as u will become totally self-absorbed,so spend time with others & if u r pushing others away its because u do not feel u r worthy of being loved by others. Write a new story of your life,starting from today. Chin up,eyes straight ahead & plod on one step at a time. U are a winner because u have asked for help-all the bestsmile

• Posted

This is your depression talking.  It takes away our self esteem.  I hated myself for a very long time.  I thought I was not a nice person anymore. 

Such a shame that an illness can take away so much from us.  Just rest assured it is the illness making your feel a failure, and tell yourself you are not.  Not easy I know.  Keep telling yourself it is not your fault you feel like this.

• Posted

that is how depression makes you feel. its like putting on dark sunglasses. nothing seems good. man its hard. its no joke. Its such incredibly hard work just to get through the day - I wouldnt wish it on anyone - Im just beginning to feel better due to meds - check out a book called "shoot the dammed dog" by sally brompton. Shes lived through it - depression. Its a real illness, even though many people in society dont treat it that way, you re not alone many many people have been through it. See it as the enemy. Never let it make you think you are a "waste of space" thats depression talking, not you. 
  • Posted

Hi there, what does MSA stand for?
    • Posted

It's mulitple system atrophy, it's between ALS, MS and Parkinson's. It's a very horrible diease, for them and for the loved ones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.