Why are my lymph nodes so swollen and painful?

Posted , 2 users are following.

The lymph nodes are really prominent and swollen in my neck and have been for a very long time. I have to keep taking paracetamol to stop the pain if it gets particuraly bad.

The most likely cause could be related to wisdom teeth, and recently I have had one lower one removed, because I was tired of these swollen glands. But even after almost 3 months, the lymph nodes are more prominent than ever and pretty sure the wound has healed. My gums look quite swollen too.

A few years ago they did ultrasound on my nodes and took a small sample of one in my neck but was no cause of concern.

I booked a GP appointment but cancelled because I thought maybe it was a dental issue.

Is it normal to have swollen glands even after months of the wisdom tooth being removed? What other reason could these glands be up for?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.