Tinnitus

Restless legs

Burning sensations

Pins and needles and numbness

Random pains

Strange tongue symptoms

De realisation

And the list goes on!!

I have convinced myself that I am going to have a seizure even though I have never had one before and that I am having petit mal seizures!!

I have had blood tests

Head ct

Both clear

I have seen a neurologist who wasn't very concerned but sent me for a Mri scan but haven't heard anything back after 2 weeks so assuming that is probably ok!!

The reason I feel like this is not anxiety is because these things always happen when I am not anxious!

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I sympathise having ticked everything off your list too. And I too felt so many times over last six months, despondent. But strength of mind telling yourself consistently that it is anxiety has helped. Researching anxiety also helped (and this site) just to see how everything can be put down to anxiety. Placing it in the context of any life difficulties you may or may not realise you have also helps see what is feeding the anxiety.
    • Posted

Thanks David that has put my mind at ease a little!

My problem is I google everything which I know I shouldn't do! And convince myself I have all these other more serious illnesses! I am not sure why I am so fixated on seizures though for some reason I have always been terrified of them!

• Posted

me too! i google everything and i automatically think im a dr lol
    • Posted

Googling is what started this off me following a huge anxiety attack. But ironically understanding anxiety better from googling has been one of the main ways I have combatted the worry about awful diseases. Hearing others with the same symptoms provides a strange comfort, knowing we've all been checked out and had scans etc all helps. Basically knowing how powerful the mind can be - really powerful- and the. You realise how all these symptoms are completely working the bounds of anxiety. I have also taken propanolol once a day and this has lowered my heart rate and subsequently reduced my adrenaline which was constantly feeding the anxiety.
  • Posted

You're the first person I've found who has restless legs too! It only started the other day and lasts hours on ends! Like you I find it difficult to accept, and even after the amount of tests I've had done. I can't give you advice but I can say you're not alone with trouble accepting it.
    • Posted

I've had all of these symptoms..... I can't even go anywhere because I am terrified of having a seizure in the middle of somewhere.. o don't know how to deal with it.. how have u been dealing with it??
    • Posted

Hi Rachel

Have you ever had a seizure? Or are you just scared about having one?

To be honest I really don't know how i cope I just keep trying to tell myself it's anxiety even though I don't believe it is!

• Posted

I honestly don't know if I've had one.. I've had the de personalization and the déjavu quite a bit and being spaced out... Bit I'm very aware of my surroundings when I'm spaced out u know.. I'm beginning to look at it like this "ok, if I have a seizure, big whoop, there are tonnes of people around me and surely one of them would call an ambulance if it were severe" .. what I'm afraid of would be, what would cause the seizure because no one in my family has ever had them.. and why now?? The funny thing is, I've had anxiety before and I've beaten it and been perfectly happy... I'm highly highly stressed right now and I know that that's what's causing all of these symptoms.. I need a break and a rest away from everyone for a while.. just to straighten my brain out so I don't actually make myself sick.. anxiety is ruining my life along with everyone else
  • Posted

how do u guys deal with the depersonalization?
  • Posted

When you say "funny taste", what exactly do you mean? Have you had an EEG or MRI?

I have epilepsy, as well as an anxiety disorder. Unfortunately, a lot of the symptoms overlap.

If you do have epilepsy, then it's a perfectly liveable condition and there's a lot of stuff you can do.

Do you ever get strong feelings of Deja vu?

Please don't take this as me trying to scare you, but it's better to get it investigated rather than just leave it. Unfortunately, unless you've had a grand mal seizure then it's hard to get the doctors to listen.

• Posted

Ho howll I have had 2 Mri scans one 10 years ago and one 2 weeks ago, I am still waiting on results for second one.

It's really hard to describe the taste it's almost like a sour/bitter taste.

I don't get any feelings of déjà vu and I have seen a neurologist and described my zoning out to her and she seemed to think it was all anxiety based.

• Posted

I was wondering if you have ever had seizures while remaining fully conscious and if so what are the physical symptoms?
    • Posted

Hi chenise not sure if this was ment for me or howll but as far as I am aware I have never had a seizure! I am just scared about having one
    • Posted

It was for Howll smile

I was reading about partial seizures and was just curious if they'd suffered any. As for being scared about having one, all I can suggest is you wait for the results of the MRI. If it comes back clear you're gonna have to (And I know how hard this is!) convince yourself you're okay and you will not have a seizure.

• Posted

Hi Chenise,

Yes, I've had seizures where I don't pass out. For me, it usually starts with a strong sense of Deja vu, a feeling of impending doom, a glue-like taste that makes me sick, eyes not being able to focus, and sometimes shakes. Sometimes I'll just get the taste or Deja vu and nothing else.

To be honest, I've struggled with anxiety all my life, but have only recently been diagnosed with epilepsy, I think personally that even though the symptoms are similar, there is a distinct difference between a seizure and an anxiety attack. Unfortunately for me, I'm made more anxious by the thought of having a seizure, but they can also be brought on by stress if you have epilepsy so it's best for me to try and keep as calm as possible, easier said than done.

It's always good to get it checked, but it's probably unlikely that any of you are going through anything other than anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.