Tinnitus

Restless legs

Burning sensations

Pins and needles and numbness

Random pains

Strange tongue symptoms

De realisation

And the list goes on!!

I have convinced myself that I am going to have a seizure even though I have never had one before and that I am having petit mal seizures!!

I have had blood tests

Head ct

Both clear

I have seen a neurologist who wasn't very concerned but sent me for a Mri scan but haven't heard anything back after 2 weeks so assuming that is probably ok!!

The reason I feel like this is not anxiety is because these things always happen when I am not anxious!

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

Hope I don't say the wrong thing want to help make you feel better not worse

I am currently suffering headache and feel faint shivers and yes I do have anxiety I think but am still human rights I can get the flu etc which then probably heightens the anxiety.

Do you have high amounts of stress in your life or have you suffered any trauma the sometimes the symptoms you are describing can be affects of these but am not a doctor have you had your thyroid gland tested I have underactive thyroid gland can affect people in different ways

Hope you feel well soon

• Posted

Hi dianne thanks for the reply, I am a mother of four children aged 10,8,5 and 4 so my life is quite stressful yes.

I haven't suffered any trauma though.

• Posted

And yes I have had my thyroid tested twice and it was normal only thing that ever showed up on the blood tests was low b12 which I am having injections for
    • Posted

Maybe you are just to busy and you don't rest enough by the way you are the first person I have chatted with on here lol
  • Posted

You sound exhausted which probably is the culprit of half your symptoms. Try b complex and a sublingual b12 and even taking many naps will relive a few symotoms. The interesting part of having an panic disorder or severe anxiety is you have to accept it and all its messed up symptoms and understand its anxiety for it to calm down. You cant ignore it away. Its like radical acceptance and slowly your mind and body will get its over reacting and your mind will realize you do get thru it each time and wont feed into it. But sleep is so important too.its a horrible patterned behavior and your brain is hardwored into it by now but you can accept it to calm it down. Also, a trick is to fill a basin with the warmest water you can bear and put in both hands. It messes up the fight or flight response and the blood cant rush out of your limbs.read abiut the actual physiological adrenal rush science part it will help you so much.
  • Posted

Scary reading what you have written here as your post is exactly how I feel apart from the seizures I'm convinced I have some type of neck cancer! I have a lump on my jaw which I've had a scan on and I found one on my neck a few weeks ago that I'm waiting to have a scan on but everything else is me and no matter how many doctors tell me it's stress & anxiety I don't believe them as I've never ever in my life suffered before, I have 2 young children to and sleep & rest is impossible when your a mum, have you been back to doctors? You should get your mri results it might be the beginning to the end and you might be able to accept it for what it is x
  • Posted

Hi Kerry,

You have listed every symptom ive developed over the past few months. Its actually a bit of a relief to see someone else feels the same as me !

I dont have any answers yet but have had lots of scans and tets and all negative!

Please feel free to message me if it would be helpful to have a sympathetic ear smile

• Posted

I too suffer from anxiety and have the shakes and the pins and needles, heart racing, headaches and the list goes on. I refuse to take medicine and so tired of going to dr after dr. Don't know what to do anymore?
    • Posted

Hi, I was offered but also refused the drugs and experience(d) all the symptoms listed. However about a month ago (I'm six months into the nightmare) I started to take one beta blocker (propanolol?) every morning and I have noticed a real difference in symptoms and therefore my anxiety levels. Though I appreciate how awful it is the people listing what I'm going through on this thread do make it easier to say it's 'just' anxiety. I hope it helps you too.
  • Posted

I have all of the same symptoms as you too. I have severe health anxiety and it all started with physical symptoms and googling. I convinced myself I had a serious a neurological disease and had panic attacks almost everyday for 3 months. I still don't feel myself at all and can't seem to get back to being me. I don't want to go out or talk to anyone I'm constantly worrying snd everytime I get a pain twitch jerk sensation I start panicking again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.