Why can't I be happy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been suffering with anxiety since January most of it focuses on my heart I always think something is wrong by and in going to collapse. Anyway I have been dealing with it a lot better for past week but even on days I feel good I can't stop myself thinking when will I feel bad again and it kind of ruins it for me. Does anyone else do this it's as tho I have gotten so used to feeling worried and all sorts of symptoms that I don't know how to deal with feeling normal

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Its always in the back of my mind when Im feeling good that an attack is going to come on,its a vicious cycle

Im hoping when I eventually get CBT and with new meds that will help.

I think we have to learn how to deal with it to have a better life and not live in fear

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Anticipatory anxiety. Like a no win sitatuion isnt it. Forget trying to plot and plan what happens or could happen. If you feel good go with it. At least this way you get to make happy memories and it will carry you through all this anxiety ups and downs. After acquiring this disorder i think it is safe to say your normal self is no longer a play in this. You will get a new normal. And hopefully one day when someone figures this all out for real we will all be happy and "normal" again. Or better then normal because everyone of us has a huge sense of understanding and being compassionate and empathetic compared to those who never had anything. 
    • Posted

It's so hard I feel like I spend my whole day saying when is a fizzy spell going to come on etc etc. I am getting there just got a bit more to go to feel more like myself again hope you are well
    • Posted

That will stop you know. Your going to tired of it all and come to the conclusion when you are not having an anxiety do everything that makes you feel happy. Took me a very long time to realize that myself.
  • Posted

I have similar issues.

What activites or strategies do you do to calm yourself down and make you feel less anxious?

• Posted

Exactly the same case as mine ... Keep yourself busy and dont sit idle.... And empty mind is the workshop of devil..... Do things you love ... Get adequate sleep .. Eat well . exercise ...and most of all , stay +ive.... ☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.