Why cant I feel normal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just need to write this down.  Just not coping I feel like my life is spiralling out of the control, every slightest thing send me in overdrive, the paranoia I feel that everything is my fault and everything that anyone mentions has been caused by me or is about me.  Does anyone else like this.  I have to keep going like a duck cool on the outside but paddling like mad underneath.  I just cannot do it anymore.  Dr is not bothered dont know where to turn anymore 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rebecca

I feel for you, it's dreadful to feel that way. You do need some help though, are you taking any medication or seeing a therapist of some description? Go and see a different doctor, they have to listen to you. Have you tried distracting yourself with a relaxing hobby to try and break the cycle you are in? Changing your routine a little may help. I would also suggest trying some mindfulness techniques and breathing techniques to try to relax you a little but definitely go and see a different doctor x

• Posted

thanks Lucy, I run a business and everyone relies on me and have to plaster on a smile every day but inside all i want to do is wrap myself in the duvet and hide.  I regularly want breathing videos and try different techniques.  Not taking meds at the moment as last time I went to see the dr he just said you have had everything dont know what to sugggest.  Asked about being referred where he handed me a leaflet and told me I had to self refer.  How when this makes me more anxious!  At one point he was issuingg me 28 2 ml every month and then he stopped them as he said they were too much!  They were the only thing that helped to calm me and keep me going.  I looked at my life and deep down I know I have everything most people crave but I would trade everything to be normal xx
    • Posted

I have recently self referred for some cbt. They do an initial phone assessment which takes about half hour then I was given the option of one to one meetings, group meeting or online with some telephone back up. I have chosen one to one and now just waiting for an appointment . Try to get passed your anxious and get online to complete a referral form. Are you in the UK? I can send you the email link by private message if you like?. It would be so worth the effort. I have had cbt previously and it does work. I don't think anyone is normal so please don't put extra pressure on yourself x
    • Posted

When I get home I will send you the website. Talking helps me feel a whole lot better. I'm sure you are not making people around you miserable, they are probably more understanding than you think. But even messaging on here has been a huge help to me as always easier talking to people who are going through the same thing as you. X
    • Posted

yes it does help I do feel a little calmer than I did earlier so thank you to everyone x
  • Posted

Dr won't bother,their remitvis generally not to deal in mental health. Mental health professionals do care however,so surround yourself with them and follow their advice rather than general doctors
    • Posted

thank you I just feel like there is nowhere to turn, sick of hearing the usually pull yourself together blah blah blah I have no problem admitting I have a problem and will happily talk to anyone who will listen about how I feel, I just feel like i make everyone around me miserable and cannot do anything to stop this.  
  • Posted

Hi, Rebecca. You sound like a prime candidate for Mindfulness. It makes you clear your mind, and suddenly you're in control. I've got the audio version on my Kindle Fire. Worth a fortune to me.
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca sorry to here what your going through how long have you been feeling like this? as your doctor not given you anything to help? x
    • Posted

I have been like this for about five years on and off, go through good and bad patches, he has tried all sorts of medication but they work for so long and then nothing 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.