Why do I feel like I'm dying/going to die?

Posted , 22 users are following.

Hello, again.

I've posted on here a few times already.

But, this is a question no one has answered me.

Why is it, that without having anxiety, I still feel like I'm going to die? It's a feeling I feel every day for most of the say and it scares me, a lot.

And also, why does depersonilization occur? And how do you deal with it?

Better yet, how do you deal with both? I have a very very bad feeling I'm going to die and I'm afraid I'm going to fall and die soon.

Good tips/advice?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I feel like that all the time but it's are mind telling us that it's like u have to fight with your self to convince yourself that it ain't true your not going to die
  • Posted

You are not aline this. I get weird symptoms some pretty bad and have health issues and as soon as something feels off i feel that way too. I know its irrational but so hard to stop thinking like that. I have lost a lot in doctors over the past few years because they temd to ig ore me when i say i react poorly to meds. Doc have witnessed it but says thats all they know to do. So i have health anxiety and am fearful of suffering and dying. More the suffering. I wish so eone figured out why we get panic attacks and get a way to rid them already. I wish. I think its some virus we all caught at sime point and it effected our rationale somehow but i dont know. They used to blame stress in ulcer and decades later realized it was a oarasite so im oraying some genius does the same for Severe anxiety
  • Posted

Hi, HeyZeidy. Sorry you're not getting replies, but maybe it's because we think you should talk to your doctor. You could be suffering from anxiety without recognising it as such and he/she may be able to help you, either with medication or free counselling. I find both are useful. Hope you get some useful replies to this forum today.
  • Posted

What exactly is it that you feel you are going to die from? Or is it just a general feeling? I think, for me at least, depersonalisation is a way for me to cope with the hell that goes on inside and outside my head. I just let it happen. It will pass eventually, and panicking just makes the situation worse. Have you tried deep breathing and visualisation techniques? I also have a hobby. I'm obsessed with adult colouring books. They really help me to focus.x
  • Posted

Hi heyzeidy, you say these things 'scare you a lot.' If you have no solid reason to think you are going to die, and the feeling you get when you think this way is a real fear, then this IS anxiety! If it's impacting your life, go and see your doctor. There are lots of options - CBT, councilling and different forms of medication. Your doctor will be able to help you decide which is best for you (if they are any good!) CBT may be a good start if this is a new thing for you
  • Posted

Its anxiety. An impending doom feeling every day. I have it too. And it keeps me up late. Sometimes I dont sleep at all. My first anxiety attack happened on my 23rd birthday and I wound up in the hospital. I thought I was dying. Its been 7 years and I have been in and out of the hospital so many times its unreal! My Dr put me on adivan and it really helped but then I battled addiction. Then I got over that and didn't have any problems for years until recently. So now I'm trying to deal with it. I have learned through the years talking to someone close to me or reading really helps. As long as I get my mind off the problem helps. Maybe it would work for you?
  • Posted

Hi, it s not a easy question to answer. Have you thought about seeing your go they might be able to help you get through your anxiety. Hope this helos
  • Posted

Hey hun, you are SOOOOO NOT ALONE! I feel like this on a daily basis. You are asking why you feel like this when you don't have anxiety? Love their are different types of anxiety. You can have anxiety 24/7 and not even realize it till it turns into a anxiety attack. Anxiety attacks are far worse and worse otic them way more then just anxiety in general! Your symptoms of anxiety will cause you to have feelings of being detached because of your feeling fear and worry! I absolutely hate it and your so not alone! I constantly feel detached and scared that I'm dying to the point I call 911 to come help me! I recently got put on adivan and a sleeping med and I feel slightly better but not 100% normal! Go for walks!!! Put cold water on your face, listen to music or watch a movie. Read a book ORRRRR CALL A FRIEND TO CHAT!!! honestly talking to someone is amazing! It will help you on so many different levels!

• Posted

Hi hun. I'm so wondering how you are feeling. What helped if you have healed. Please help us too

• Posted

do you feel similarly? because I sure do it's so awful it's been going on for 2 months straight I'm so exhausted by this point

I have my exams in 2 days and it feels like I won't ever get to give them and with that constant thought I can't bring myself to study

how are you dealing with this?

• Posted

Yes the same. Mine been over a year now can you imagine how tired I'm? Nothing helps nothing. Just have to trust God to take it out of us

• Posted

Yes many many many. Tried therapy nathoraph hypnotherapy different nationality therapy none helped
    • Posted

Hey Amy, I'd love to have a conversation with you. Knowing that you've been through this for a year, you've probably gone through worse. If you wouldn't mind the age, that is. Best regards to you and everyone else experiencing this.

• Posted

Hey Amy, I'd love to have a conversation with you. Knowing that you've been through this for a year, you've probably gone through worse. If you wouldn't mind the age, that is. Best regards to you and everyone else experiencing this.

• Posted

oh it really sucks to know that

do you ever get elaborate thoughts? instead of the general feeling that you think you're going to die?

like you find out that your favourite tv show has a new season coming out in a month and you automatically feel bad that you'll never get to watch it?

like your mind has just accepted the fact that you're going to die?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.