why do i hurt the ones i love

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok, so I have depression again. I've been ok for many years but it's back in all its gruesome form. I know I will get through this again but the toll it has taken on my wife, whom I love so much, is devastating. Not sure if leaving her is best thing to do for her sanity and for the kids. I just can't stand by and watch her being mentally destroyed by me and my selfish condition....

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The most positive thing you have right now is you know you need help and are prepared to seek that help.  I've been on both sides, had it myself and I got better, spent 6 months inside the house unable to get out due to anxiety.  Husband has left myself and our kids, he's been gone 2 years and almost 3 months he remains untreated is now drinking and with an alcholic woman he has chosen the path destruct and the untreated Depression has destroyed what was a lovely and happy marriage and family.  You will get through this and beleive it or not you do need the love and support of your family.
    • Posted

Hi Jackie82937

so sorry to hear the awful events you have had to endure and yes, your right - love and support is key to recovery.

• Posted

Thanks Simon, sadly I am one of millions many in far worse situations, I count myself very lucky hearing what others are going through.  Take care and keep on going, it's a hard battle but with perseverance you will get there.
  • Posted

Have you asked your wife what she would prefer you to do?

I would imagine her reply would be a major indicator of what you should do.

You sound to be a lovely person, I know you will do the right thing.  Be strong and fight that demon.

Wishing you the best,

Patxxx

• Posted

Hi Pat,

I spoke with her when the depression first hit me hard a couple of days ago. She said she needed time to take it all in. I understand this, we have four children to also think of. When I look at my wife's face it reminded me of the sheer he'll I must have put her through. It's very difficult to make a good judgement call when your going stir crazy. We talked tonight, was sooner than I thought we would talk and its helped so much. Hoping this will continue.

I will keep you posted on my progress smile

simon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.