Why do I still feel bad?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m on my 4th week on 20mg after taking it every other day for months, I still feel like the side effects are still there, it only took about 2 weeks when I first started taking it 9 years ago. Shall I give it more time as doctor said I might of messed my seratonin up 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicky

It’s totally up to you whether you keep taking it. I took it for two weeks and couldn’t bear the side effects so had to stop. They do say it can take up to 6 weeks for it to fully work and side effects to stop so perhaps give it a couple more weeks then decide? Ultimately you’ve got to make the decision for yourself and do what’s right for you. 

• Posted

I’m back at the doctors in 2 weeks so I will see how I feel 
  • Posted

Hi Vicky, I've been taking 20mg daily for 11 weeks. I've persevered with the side effects but really don't think i can anymore as they haven't got any easier. I know we're all different and what works for one won't work for another. I'm back to see my Dr tomorrow and will discuss stopping. Hope things do get easier for you X

• Posted

Not side effects your having tbh it's more than likely your worrying and anxiety creating these side effects because Fluoxetine is the safest of all drug out there to take all it does is stop your brain from throwing away serotonin nothing more than that just try to not worry about these feelings ave been on them for 2 years now bad 60mg only time i felt side effects was when i first took hem that was because i was scared of taking something never taken before.   Ask your Dr if they can prescribe 10mg of propanalol they go well with fluoxetine they slow down your adrenaline  and heart rate making it easier to cope without nasty side effects like diazipam

• Posted

keep at it will be worth it in the long run it's safest drug out there to take try not to worry as much and the side effects will decrease over time its most likely just balancing out your brain chemicals and your making it worse by putting yourself into a fear cycle. listen to dr claire weekes on youtube amazing woman with the best understanding of the mental health listening to her video helps me get through the day :P

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.